Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL is literally slitting it’s own wrists

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    "Theres a public outcry against the NFL" - i see the opposite
    and I disagree on the part about there being consequences.
    I also dont think anyone is labeled racist just for supporting the right for idiots to idiot. That is your personal opinion because being white has made you paranoid.
    WAY MORE people support them kneeling then you give credit for. look at the polls. Again, I dont LIKE this stuff but I darn sure know who I am up against.
    That's not what I said. Not public outcry against the NFL---a public outcry going the opposite way (to let these folks "exercise their rights" that the NFL owners choose not to buck (perpetuated in part by media not making the point I'm making about the 1st amendment and "rights"). And I think the polls support my opinion that this public outcry to let these guys kneel is a vocal minority, not a majority opinion. The majority of folks in this country do not support this disrespect of our flag, yet, because of this false narrative about "rights", folks who try to point out that these guys shouldn't be doing this on their owners' dimes are absolutely labeled as I suggested. It's bullshit. Would you let your employees wear "I support ANTIFA" shirts at work?

I have yet to talk to a person that likes the idea of people not standing during the national anthem. That includes the hard left lesbian I spoke with yesterday at work.

That being said...I do agree with tooth, bb, and several others. The president had about a million and one things to focus on besides this topic. Ever notice that this social justice hot button stuff gets stirred up whenever he is about to be embarrassed? Remember repeal/replace Obamacare? That week it was transgender soldiers being banned, instead of a focus on the healthcare bill. That came of our left field didn't it? It's his attempt to distract and whip up feeble support from his weakening base. The real focus should be on healthcare and North Korea right now. Neither are going so well. Maybe the president should take a knee and rethink his priorities.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 09-26-2017 at 06:53 AM.

does she facebook?

Trump gave this form of disrespect some legs. Nice work.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    No obama just slandered cops in every other speech he gave
    So it's the way things are now? One side slanders the other until we are spilling blood in the streets over our beliefs? What do we do with the non believers? Internment camps?

I'm cool with the president taking 20 seconds of his day to call out these crybabies crying about something statistically insignificant and disrespecting our country.
    He didnt call them out. He called for them to lose their jobs. An elected official interfering with a private business. There's a 1001 ways to "make a stand" but to put himself in a position to insist a private business, does his bidding, or creates a public fervor that will do his bidding...is not far from the early days of the Nazi party's confiscation of jewish property and businesses. Keep in mind, I am not calling him a Nazi, but there's a playbook and he's down, set, hutting...

Fighting this cancerous PC horse shit requires non traditional behavior. Y'all are gonna miss trump one day when the next limp wristed Kenyan faggot does his best to make America Venezuela again.
    You know how you fight it? Dont acknowledge it. Rise above it. This take a knee bullshit was done with. "We" had won. Kapernick and his "stand" was a non issue. Trump's made him a hero... I honestly believe kapernick did that shit to elevate his worth to the public because he knew he didnt have what it took to be a pro player. He could ride the wave of public opinion still on a roster... Watch the bouncing ball....see how that works?

Remember, none of this is an accident. It's manufactured and it working, because this will soon hit 8 pages as predicted. Did the debt ceiling thread, (if anyone made one) hit two...?
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-26-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    That being said...I do agree with tooth, bb, and several others. The president had about a million and one things to focus on besides this topic.
    The President, no matter who it may be at the time, is a thought leader. As an example, just prior to 2012 no one took gay marriage seriously. Washington Democrats, pretty universally, supported traditional marriage. Yet, within months of Barack Obama saying he supports gay marriage, it becomes a campaign issue and Obama wins in, pretty much, a landslide.

The point is, there's no better way to bring a political issue to a quick close than the President taking a stand. Yes, he should have a lot to do. But, his tweet only took moments and addressed one of the major topic of conversation in middle America.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The point is, there's no better way to bring a political issue to a quick close than the President taking a stand. Yes, he should have a lot to do. But, his tweet only took moments and addressed one of the major topic of conversation in middle America.
    I know he walks on water and all, but this major topic of conversation in America was already kind of handled in the court of public opinion. The only hangers on were the BLM folks...

But guess what? Obama care wins again, with a republican executive office, republican senate, and republican house...know what else? That same group of assholes, raised the debt ceiling to insolvency. Follow the bouncing ball...

Follow_785abe_5700036.jpg
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Trump is doing a hell of a good job! Not only is he trying to make America great again, he is trying to reverse the pussification which Odumbass and the liberals have brought to bear. Plus if you are a whiny snowflake liberal he is libel to get in your shit. I love it!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Trump is doing a hell of a good job! Not only is he trying to make America great again, he is trying to reverse the pussification which Odumbass and the liberals have brought to bear. Plus if you are a whiny snowflake liberal he is libel to get in your shit. I love it!!
    I think you meant "liable" to get in your shit. You are truly a moron.

Thank you and youz a idiot two, plus I'm offended!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

You have got to be kidding me?? Hell I voted for him but if you think he is in any way, shape, or form "doing a great job" you are delusional. He's a 12 year old who throws a tantrum every time shit isn't about to go his way. Not to mention the leader of the free world is on damn Twitter for God's sake. He needs to focus on things that matter and stay the hell out of pro sports.
    Last edited by BCR3; 09-26-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Tell that to our people in Puerto Rico and the VI's...

Everyone knew what they were getting with a vote for Trump. Some of y'all act like you didn't already know his tendencies (twitter, etc). I'll say this for Trump, the office hasn't changed him yet.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

ignore button. click. labluvr. OK.

rubberhead--you sure did have to type a lot to support trump. he's embarassing.

Villanueva said he would support any teammates who decided to sit or kneel during the national anthem and that other players who have knelt during the anthem have thanked him for his service. Villanueva said the team "butchered" their attempt at, as he said, staying away from the situation.

Villanueva still believes in standing for the anthem, but also said he understands that players are kneeling due to social injustices, not out of criticism toward the military or disrespect for the flag. He also said he did not want to comment on US President Donald Trump's criticisms of the NFL and those who protest the anthem.
    I like what this guy says.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Tell that to our people in Puerto Rico and the VI's...
    Damn man, let's stay on topic here. Overall, I think the man is doing a fine job, he ain't perfect by any means, but beats what we had by a damn mile. Let's worry that Toofie may have lost his way and is leaning toward becoming a snowflake.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

ignore button. click. labluvr. OK.

I like what this guy says.
    You are out of touch son! I don't tune in to the fucking NFL or any other show to see people display their political agendas, period! If I want that BS I can turn on the news. Next you will be supporting BL Matter to push their views on the field as well. WTF???
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Congress are embarrassing. Trump is needed.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have a hard time believing you have hypnotized yourself enough to truly think he is anything other than an embarrassment.

Oh my. Lab you are stretching it
    Last edited by beanhunter; 09-26-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I have a hard time believing you have hypnotized yourself enough to truly think he is anything other than an embarrassment.
    Dang...I go off grid for a few weeks and get back to Toofer sounding like Socrates reincarnated.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I guess you wish you would have voted for Hillary???? Even Ronald Reagan was not perfect, you seem to forget that. Trump is a wild card for sure, but also what this country needs after the past 8 years of ODumbass and the snowflakes.
    12-26-98 12-1-13