Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admiral, Captain Removed...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Admiral, Captain Removed...

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That's the way it works in the Navy.

So you have three relatively slow 500' plus ships collide with three even slower ships. How does that happen with the electronics available to the US Navy?

Seems there might have been a daisy chain going at the time. Sorry Glenn, but this ain't your Navy anymore. Don't worry though. Another branch is bound to show their ass soon. With the last of us Cold War babies gone, things have gotten a tad bit mushy.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    So you have three relatively slow 500' plus ships collide with three even slower ships. How does that happen with the electronics available to the US Navy?
    Damn good question.

I don't know much about the details, but suspect loose procedures and lack of attention played a role, but also wonder if some cyber-warfare/hacking hasn't been imvolved. It would surely be the type of strategy I have no doubt certain countries are trying to test out on us.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I think there is a direct correlation to a small and underfunded navy being asked to perform a mission larger than its capability. The same can be said for the aviation community in all 4 branches.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I think there is a direct correlation to a small and underfunded navy being asked to perform a mission larger than its capability. The same can be said for the aviation community in all 4 branches.
    No doubt you are correct in the overall picture, but how does that explain our ships running in to other ships? Either it's poor seamanship by landlubbers, negligence on procedures and/or equipment maintenance, drugs on duty, or hacking by foreign powers... No?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    No doubt you are correct in the overall picture, but how does that explain our ships running in to other ships? Either it's poor seamanship by landlubbers, negligence on procedures and/or equipment maintenance, drugs on duty, or hacking by foreign powers... No?
    It's a lack of adequate training IMO. Guys are thrown into the "fire" before they are properly trained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the Navy doesn't see it fit that everyone on the bridge have the same training as mariners. They are above that. They often don't know basic rules of the road from my experience. It is kind of like the kids from Kansas who join the USCG and run a boat. Think they are hot shit until they hit a bridge.
    cut\'em

It's the navy. Safe to assume they were having ass sex and ignoring all warning and collision alarms
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    The answer is simple. No one in command knows the international rules of the road.

Ass sex

It's a lack of proper training, period. The ship's captain is responsible for that training therefore it is his fault, period. If the results of the lack of training are egregious enough, which in this case the results are (recurring issues), then the captain's superior is also to blame.

CO's get fired in the Navy. It may not seem fair to some, but that's the way it is and the way it has to be. When I was in a CO on an Ohio Class was fired because the junior most watch stander in the engine room brought a second PLO cooler on line in response to a flank bell (correct action), but he didn't vent it first (incorrect action) and it sent an air slug thru the reduction gears and wiped them. Pretty sure the engineer was fired as well on that one.

These ships are big and they are heavy, not exactly a best case scenario for cat like evasive maneuvers. Another vessel even remotely close is a danger because of the reaction and response time required to avoid a collision. Combine that with butt sex on the bridge and......well, you see what happens.

Every ship in the sea has AIS. From Sailboats to Aircraft Carriers. The US Navy has just chosen to turn theirs off. Other ships have no idea what or where they are. The Naval high command has just reversed that. For better or worse...

Here is what AIS looks like, by the way...

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:20.6/zoom:3

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    That's the way it works in the Navy.
    Yep. It's no surprise here. The Lords of the waves frown on bending the boat.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

A boat in my squadron "hit an iceberg" and pulled in to Holy Loch for sail repairs. No Sir. The were made to surface transit the North Atlantic back to Groton. We were in Holy Loch at the time then left, did some more shit, then went home as it was close to Christmas. We were in port when they finally made it and their CO was on the sail wearing a Santa Claus suit.

He knew he was fired and his career was over so why not

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Every ship in the sea has AIS. From Sailboats to Aircraft Carriers. The US Navy has just chosen to turn theirs off. Other ships have no idea what or where they are. The Naval high command has just reversed that. For better or worse...

Here is what AIS looks like, by the way...

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:20.6/zoom:3
    Not all pleasure craft do... But I get your point

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Ass sex
    Almost as funny as jackal bully

My guess is that everyone on the bridge was looking at their personal smart device when they collided.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    My guess is that everyone on the bridge was looking at their personal smart device when they collided.
    yep, it probably streamed on facebook live, instagram or snapchat somewhere.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud