Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hunting from Ladder Stands ???

Default Anyone hunting from Ladder Stands ???

So any of you guys hunting from ladder stands? If so, how tall are they and what brands you using. I am just getting to the point that I do not like or trust myself climbing these ladder sticks and hanging loc ons anymore. Decided to order an 18 foot ladder stand. Got the Jumbo for comfort. Going to put it up this weekend. Just wondering if any of you guys are doing OK with ladders.
    E T

I hunt from ladder stands almost exclusively. I have a couple of the double buddy stands and move them around until I find a good location, after which I build a wooden, box type permanent ladder stand to replace it with. I have a couple I have killed a lot of deer out of, and have no problems.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Yep have more than I can count from 12ft- 20ft.

Before you give up. Look into a muddy harness and a good linesmans rope. Makes it crazy safe and easy. Basically hands free for hanging sticks and stands!

If your dead set on ladders I have been pleased with the field and stream lookout deluxe. Think it's a 15 footer.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Hanging a loc on with a lineman's belt and lifeline is perfectly safe and very easy as JBK just said.

I like to hunt 18ft with a small platform. More quiet than using a climber. and easier to move setups versus than lock-ons.
    Tall ones and doubles can be a bitch to put up by yourself.

The first time I hung a set with a lineman belt I literally was like what have I been doing all these years!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Don't own any but those 20 or so ft millenium ladders, especially the double seaters, are pretty dang comfortable, probably the most comfortable I've sat in. Pricey, but my ass being comfortable is pretty important

Summit Solo Pro Ladder. 18’ height to gun rest.

If you're looking for comfort, Millenium is hard to beat. We have the double Milleniums. I also have a Muddy double, but not nearly as comfortable. As long as you get some cover around you, you should be fine for rifle hunting out of ladders. My dad is 70 and doesn't like to climb so he uses ladders exclusively. Doesn't slow him down.
    Carolina Counsel

These are what I have and have been very pleased

http://www.deerandtreestands.com/beast.htm

I am just curious about ladder stands that I can bow hunt out of. May pick up the rifle late in the season, but its mostly bow and arrow. At 55 years old, I got to be comfortable. If I am comfortable, I can stay in the stand along time. Has anyone had those Millenium seats for 4 or 5 years. I figure that mesh will go bad after a few years. Can you get replacement mesh, or you got to buy a new seat?
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 09-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    E T

I know a lot of ours have rails that will fold over your head for bow hunting and then you can fold it over to rifle hunt.

You should be able to bow hunt out of the millennium stand fine, the shooting rail flips up out of the way, which turns it into the same seat as a walk on which I do have for both hunting

One of the millennium stands I have I bought in 2007. Mesh is just fine
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Eddie - I maily use loc-ons but also I have several of the double ladders from Academy and like them. They are last year's model. Unfortunately I don't like the changes they made to this year's model.

I have hunted out of the Millennium ladders and they have to be the best in the business for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I know a lot of ours have rails that will fold over your head for bow hunting and then you can fold it over to rifle hunt.
    Yea, I bought an 18 footer from Sportsmans Guide just to try. Its got the fold up seat and rifle rest. I think if I can tuck it up in a good tree with plenty cover, it should work OK for me. I am keen on being hidden good. Sat a ground blind last night. I have that thing completely covered in brush. Does walked by at 30 yards and payed no attention to it. Dam that ground blind was hot though yesterday evening.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 09-20-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    Yea, I bought an 18 footer from Sportsmans Guide just to try. Its got the fold up seat and rifle rest. I think if I can tuck it up in a good tree with plenty cover, it should work OK for me. I am keen on being hidden good. Sat a ground blind last night. I have that thing completely covered in brush. Does walked by at 30 yards and payed no attention to it. Dam that ground blind was hot though yesterday evening.
    I dont doubt that it was. Better you than me. We are big on ladder concealment as well. You can walk by a lot of ours and never know its there.

Yall haven't lived until you climbed with a one piece Baker treestand, hugging a pine tree, and sitting on the platform with your feet hanging down..

We weren't very smart looking back..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

No we were not.

I had a 5 gallon bucket I would haul up and sit on.