Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clovers in foodplots... Who uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Hancock has some good mixes for sure
    Good people too. It is on the way to my property so I stop in and pick up what I need.

We do

Realtime

20170920_120054.jpg

If you want it for one year, and plan on plowing it up again next year, plant crimson

If you want it for years to come, plant durana
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

We are planting an acre Hancocks Killer clover this Sunday. I will be curious as to how it grows. Does anyone have any reviews on their dove field mix?
    Last edited by AH HOLY; 09-20-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Very helpful, and informative. Thanks for all the info and suggestions gents.

My BIL farms this land, and for the moment, He's letting me use the fields for food plots. But he could easily change his mind next year, and start farming the place again. So for now, I'm gonna stick with a mix of crimson and arrowleaf. I am gonna try a 2 acre section in one of the fields with some of the radishes, and see if the deer use them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by santeerangerman View Post
    I've tried run of the mill purple top turnips in the past, and have yet to see a deer eat them. Did have some damn good greens though. I READ that the radishes are sweeter than the turnips early on, and deer tend to come to them quicker, but, zero experience with them. I'll try about a 2 acre spot in the bigger field, and see if they hit them at all.

Thanks for the info on the clovers. I'm gonna top sow them just ahead of this little bit of rain that's SUPPOSED to be here Friday.

Deer will not touch turnips until a heavy frost from my experience

We do same with our plots, Oats/Wheat mixture then top sow turnips and crimson clover