Thread: Picture Of Unknown Angler

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Picture Of Unknown Angler

A guy took this picture while hiking the John Muir Trail. He said he doesn't know the man fly fishing but it was 7:30 in the morning and he thought it would be a good picture. He isn't a professional photographer he just likes to take pictures when he's hiking.

I think it's going to be hard for him to ever take a better picture. This photo could be in a magazine or even framed and hung over a big stone fireplace. This photo captures the "It" of fly fishing. Solitude, peace, a quiet almost sacred calmness. Not a single thought of the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Just a man competing one on one with the fish. A man can get a lot of thinking done in a place like this.

Awesome Photo
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-17-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Shot of a lifetime right there.

That picture just calmed me down a whole lot. I'll keep it open in a separate tab all day, and when I get stressed, I'm just going to click on it and relax a little bit.

You can almost hear the bubbling of the stream while looking at the picture.

Even though I've never fly fished a day in my life, I'd sure as hell rather be there than where I'm at now

I go back and look at it every week or so. It's sort of like looking into a camp fire to me. The longer I look at it the more relaxed I get. It's so calming it's almost hypnotic.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Idlewild Sighting
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

That guy looks racist...fuck Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    That guy looks racist...fuck Trump!
    Feel better?

Not everyone sits on a white bucket with a Zebco 33, a can of 20oz Colt .45 and an open cup of worms when they fish.

Great photo
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

All I see is a dude about to have a big tailing loop in his forward cast resulting in a leader with a wind knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

I was kidding. That is a great picture. Looks like it is somewhere out west. I have never fly fished but I used to see a lot of guys do it when I lived in Wyoming. Those guys would catch a monster, then set it free a minute later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Feel better?

Not everyone sits on a white bucket with a Zebco 33, a can of 20oz Colt .45 and an open cup of worms when they fish.

You hippies need to calm down.

Life is not a work of art, and that moment could not last.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    All I see is a dude about to have a big tailing loop in his forward cast resulting in a leader with a wind knot.

That is exactly correct.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post

i was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be that guy. Thanks for being that guy

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    I was kidding. That is a great picture. Looks like it is somewhere out west. I have never fly fished but I used to see a lot of guys do it when I lived in Wyoming. Those guys would catch a monster, then set it free a minute later.
    Yeah I know, so was I.