Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality

Quote Originally Posted by jtmartin View Post
    Got a big dose of it last night. Carolina is further away from being competitive that I had allowed myself to believe while Clemson doesn't seem to have skipped a beat. Carolina has got to build up some quality depth on both sides of the line. Our talent simply isn't there and will get exposed throughout the season. Back to reality...

take that back
    -logic has no place in the sports forum.

(good post by the way)

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by NO FLY ZONE View Post
    Oh it's on Twitter, it's definitely true. Langston Moore has a different story and he was there .
    Well, Langston is unbiased, objective, and one that can be trusted. El oh elllle
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I think both side are jumping the gun. One shitty game by Carolina doesn't mean shit. Clemson lost to an unranked team and went on to win it all.
    Clemson looks strong but not as strong as they did last year and they damn near botched a few games last year. 3 games in doesn't mean much. Still a pile of football to play
    so, you're saying there's a chance?

Most of your posts are easy to ignore but this one is a true web gem. THANKS!!!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    I attended USC from 2010 to 2013. Saw Carolina do some great things in person. Some games were more memorable than others. The Alabama upset in 2010, all of the Georgia games... We only lost once to Georgia for those 4 years. The 2011 Georgia game was amazing. Surprises and excellent plays for Carolina, and pulled a 45 to 42 win down to the wire. I can proudly say that when I attended college at Carolina, we never suffered defeat from Climpsun. The away game that ended Mizzous "Dream Season" that the media was raving about as they entered the SEC for their first season. Connor Shaw stepped in we came back from a 17 point deficit in the final minutes of the game and Mizzou missed the field goal in double OT for Carolina to pull a "W." We won every out of conference Bowl Game. Saw Clowney perform "The Hit" against Michigan after we stopped Michigan from converting on 4th down an entire yard short but they gave him the first down without an obvious official review scenario. The next play Clowney laid that kid out and picked up the fumble with one hand. Ill never forget the commentator freaking out yelling, "THEY DESERVE IT, THEY GOT IT!" I was laying on the couch recovering from surgery and I about ripped my stitches out jumping off the couch when he hit that kid. But alas, they were still somewhat "Carolina..." We got destroyed by underdog no one team Florida in 2012 in The Swamp and took us out of the running for the SEC east. We lost I think 23 to 21 from our own rookie mistakes to unranked LSU in 2013 and lost the East. When we did make it to the SEC championship in 2010 Auburn absolutely destroyed us... Or I should say Cam Newton destroyed us. He single handedly won that Championship. I still say they needed to check his waist for freaking Vaseline. No one could tackle him.

Never the less a great few years with and produced some great players. Connor Shaw, Kenny Miles, Ace Sanders, DJ Swearingen, Devin Taylor, Jadaveon Clowney, Chaz Sutton, Melvin Ingram, Alshon Jeffrey, Mike Davis, Marcus Lattimore, Damiere Byrd, Kelsey Quarrels, Bruce Ellington, to name a few.
    What exactly was your point?

I heard on the radio this am that Carolina only rushed 13 times against KY. I didn't watch the game, so can anyone confirm? They said the best run was 7 yds. Seems a bit premature to abort the running game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Clemson is playing as good as anybody. Told yall Louisville had Jackson and that is it. Is he a player or what? Take off the purple and orange glasses. How big was that unneeded chop block on Jackson's long run? To me, that was the turning point. No doubt Clemson was better.

2 questions? How good is Auburn? Who is left on Clemson's schedule that is good? Seriously, who is left? Please don't say NC State.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    2 questions? How good is Auburn? Who is left on Clemson's schedule that is good? Seriously, who is left? Please don't say NC State.
    VaTech looks decent. FLSt won't be a pushover, but without Francis, I don't see them making a huge push. Auburn didn't look very good against Mercer.
    Go Tigers!

thank you for a truthful response.

Clemson will be in the playoff. They are really good, but that schedule isn't hurting too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    What exactly was your point?
    I think he was using a lot of words to say how life sucks being a coot fan.

Clemson is playing as good as anybody. Told yall Louisville had Jackson and that is it. Is he a player or what? Take off the purple and orange glasses. How big was that unneeded chop block on Jackson's long run? To me, that was the turning point. No doubt Clemson was better.

OK. I'll play.

The cut block was a big call bc we ended up with a pick 6 after. It was still a penalty, albeit a dumber than average one.
    The targeting call was targeting. See above.
    The facemask was a facemask and a TD for clemson got called back.

For once, I'm unsure of how you are baiting me or what I am supposed to say. I guess I'll start with the fact that Clemson was OBVIOUSLY the better team. I will also say that Jackson sure did seem to smile a lot and was not playing with a sense of urgency. Even when we had our 2nd and 3rd string in, we were dominating on both sides of the ball. I will add that ettiene couldnt handle a punt of kickoff but I damn sure look forward to watching that cat run. Whole. Lee. Fuck.

Auburn? Well, they got a late TD to seal the win over Mercer. Not sure why this question matters to Clemson. The honest answer is "clemson is better than auburn and we already answered that question"
    Who is left on Clemson's schedule that is good? I cant answer that until we play them. I know its not the answer you want. You want me to say "no one...or maybe FSU" but, unlike UGa, clemson will just take them one game at a time because its just the way we have decided to do this thing....

NC State?
    USC?

Boston College is next. at home. at 330. with lots to play for.

The turning point? That game was over. The scrubs were already in. (maybe I am misremembering but I think it was in the 4th).

Who else is on schedule? VT. Wake (undefeated, but just kidding). FSU.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 09-18-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Carolina Counsel

Clemson will be in the playoff. They are really good, but that schedule isn't hurting too bad.
    Ok, how bout you tell the class who UGA plays that qualifies you to talk about SOS. You play in arguably the worst division in a power 5 conference.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Don't try to discount Clemson's schedule.
    The schedule has been a tough one thus far. Yes I know we had a gimmie opener like most teams.
    We have beat two top 15 teams with one on the road. Fla State is still very good and Va Tech might is currently #13.
    That will be two top 15 home games and two top 15 away games. It has been a tough schedule and there is a lot left to play.

I'll go out on a limb and say there will be 3 undefeated teams in the layoffs,.......Clemson, Oklahoma, and Miss State.

The fourth team will be from the big 10.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-18-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Negative on Miss St. going undefeated. They playing Bama in November and that ain't ending well. But, Clemson (and several others) made it with 1 loss, so, we'll see.

Some team will be at #5 and crying come Jan 1st. Maybe #3 and #5 will take care of each other.
    Bama
    Clemson
    OK
    Penn St
    Ok State
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 09-18-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say there will be 3 undefeated teams in the layoffs,.......Clemson, Oklahoma, and Miss State.

Oklahoma State might have something to say about that...
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Oklahoma State might have something to say about that...
    They look like that every year until they play a team with a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Ok, how bout you tell the class who UGA plays that qualifies you to talk about SOS. You play in arguably the worst division in a power 5 conference.......
    While he will not admit it he knows even if Georgia wins the lEast with only top 20 wins they would have take a beating by Bama. This is what SEC homers mean by SOS these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Just so I am clear your are going on record that Miss St beats Bama?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Negative on Miss St. going undefeated. They playing Bama in November and that ain't ending well. But, Clemson (and several others) made it with 1 loss, so, we'll see.

Some team will be at #5 and crying come Jan 1st. Maybe #3 and #5 will take care of each other.
    Bama
    Clemson
    OK
    Penn St
    Ok State
    OU and OkSt will handle each other through attrition...Bedlam should be a helluva game
    Last edited by FishSticker; 09-18-2017 at 08:59 AM.