Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haints. Yea or Nay?

about 20 years ago, I was sleeping in bed and someone grabbed my ankle and was shaking it, trying to wake me up. I woke and looked at the foot
    of the bed and it was one of my best friends who had died two years earlier. He said, "Rick, tell Kathy (his wife) I am ok, I have been trying to reach her but cant"
    He then just disappeared right before my eyes. My wife woke when I started to talk to him and I told her about it and she will tell you that I was not dreaming. She says, I was white as a sheet and shaking. I have never seen or heard from him again. This is a true story fellas.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-15-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I'm a haint. Years from now y'all gonna answering this same question with, "this one time, on SCDucks, Tater told me fuck off. Only it wasn't Tater cause Tater had been kilt off. And that ain't no shit neither...."

I'd say who or whatever it was alive or not, better pack a lunch, if it plans on getting between me and a nice buck..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Late getting to the stand this morning. This is what I'm dealing with.

I will say my Pandora started playing on my phone just before that picture was taken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

So how do all the Christian's on here explain these spirits? The scducks hippcracy knows no bounds
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I hunted a cemetery like that on the georgia opener... climbed a tree close enough to spit into the cemetery (which i dont recommend doinG.) As soon as it got ptich black dark, a feeder went off down in the woods not 20 yds from me that i had no idea was there... scared me shitless

Daaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I've gotten to be friends with an old man down the road outside of Florence that lives on his family's property from the 1700's. He has about 3 different haints he's seen or encountered a few times over the years according to him. One is the running footsteps down the hall and off the back porch, one is the young woman in the window (he figured out her name after recognized a picture of her in the old church scrapbook from the late 1800s), and the last one is the bedroom door slammer. He says it's slammed about 4 times in his 60 years. He was telling the stories of how it has happened, and no sooner than he finished, the door slammed 15 feet away. That'll make you a believer.

My favorite story is the one about the old black woman who was a local "root doctor" after the war. Her reputation was intimidating enough that it had the locals, or at least the blacks, afraid to even speak ill about her behind her back. The main reason she let her reputation run wild was to keep the locals out of her redbreast hole on Jeffries Creek. Even after her death, no one would fish it until the stories were mostly forgotten

I'm just gonna leave this here. I was told this was a haint in that cemetery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hunting outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    That place gives me the heebie jeebies after dark. Just some strange feeling in the air!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

There was a Hunt club just down the road from my house. We would ride our 4wheelers there all summer because nobody was around. We came across an old cemetery with a ladder stand dead in the middle of it. They had even put a mineral lick in the middle of it and the deer had dug out a big hole across a few graves.. I wouldn't dare hunt there...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post

I will say my Pandora started playing on my phone just before that picture was taken.
    Please tell me that it was Rob Zombie.

It was Sam hunt. And like being a ghost, that shits worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    So how do all the Christian's on here explain these spirits? The scducks hippcracy knows no bounds
    Demonic activity is my guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

I haven't ever seen one nor have I ever had one "ride" me.....but I can tell you how to catch one or keep it away from you while you are sleeping
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I am in a ground blind <50yds from an OLD cemetery right now. Like stacked stone, iron gate, and big cedars old. It's my favorite stand. It seems to bother everybody but me because you have to walk <20yds from it to get to the blind. Deer don't seem to mind it so neither do I.

The walk in/out in the dark used to make me pick up my pace a little, but not any more. We cool, the haints and me.

I mean, I dont believe in haints, but if I did, that's where I would hang out.

Anybody else hunt with the threat of haints always hanging in the air? Not that there are really any to worry about.

Oh yeah.... We got haints!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

a party haint a party til the spirits come out!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

do tell....
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

i have had more than one unexplainable experience, some where more than myself was present, but because I believe our mind to be powerful thing to make things that are not, seem extremely real I do not readily call these things ghost, haints, demons or anything else..I do not believe in ghost...(dead people who have not moved on) BUT the book of Job teaches me that there are spirits walking this earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.