Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9MM JAM

Random is scary. That makes a good bully, like one that you're not sure what's coming next, or how to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Random is scary. That makes a good bully, like one that you're not sure what's coming next, or how to fight.
    Exactly. Very ninja like. But without the sword and nun chunks.

I did have this Ecuadorian boy soldier fire off a random round in a tent next to me. That was as close as I've ever been to combat.

I'll have to consult the honorless Phillipe Lowe but I'm sure that qualifies you. You may need to make a few extra jackal bully comments to make up for the lack of an extensive combat record but you're on the right track
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I did have this Ecuadorian boy soldier fire off a random round in a tent next to me. That was as close as I've ever been to combat.
    Random=scary.

Thank you for your service.

Y'all crack me up. I can give one of you my username, that way it will fit.

There's a few guys on here that would gobble up your username..

Eeeeeeeewwwwww
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

That's funny. And gross. But funny first.

ecuadorian tent boys with guns could give me ptsd.

We need this wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    ecuadorian tent boys with guns could give me ptsd.

We need this wall.
    I'll bet they could give you a lot more than ptsd...

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I'll bet they could give you a lot more than ptsd...
    Drop the p. Rearrange a couple letters......

Another thinly veiled Cromer reference..

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Talk about a thread derailment.........

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by KwackSmacker View Post
    Got a S&W 9mm m&p 1.0 and for some reason, it seems to be hanging up about every tenth round that goes through it. I don't think I've put full 100 rounds through it yet. I was wondering if this could be normal due to the gun not being broken in yet? Or should I begin to worry and contact S&W?
    Some of you guys sound like a bunch of teenage girls with a new iPhone.

Back on track....KwackSmaker, "hanging up" is a very generic term that could mean a lot of things and have a lot of causes. Exactly what is it doing? Got any pics? What does the ejection pattern look like? Weak ammo such as WWB in a new gun can be problematic if that is what you are shooting. The earlier Gen 4 G19's would often send brass to the face (BTF), but it was nearly always with weak ammo. Just watch the youtube videos and note that the fired brass is barely clearing the gun. Run some +P loads or at least NATO 124gr loads through it and see if that clears it up. I'll bet it might. Weak ammo combined with the occasional less than perfect grip can definitely cause cycling issues in some guns......especially new guns. BTW, PSA had a killer deal on the NATO loads last week. Don't know if it is still on. Good luck.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

All carry guns need a break in period - before you do anything to them.. I agree with Wim. Shoot 500 rounds through the pistol at least. Then try some of your carry ammo of choice.. if it's not ammo related, it could be a magazine issue.. If not those two easy fixes, then start looking at the gun.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Listen here fuckface, I didn't have kill someone with my key board penciled in on my schedule for today. So step back marsh chicken.
    Strong move!

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Some of you guys sound like a bunch of teenage girls with a new iPhone.

Back on track....KwackSmaker, "hanging up" is a very generic term that could mean a lot of things and have a lot of causes. Exactly what is it doing? Got any pics? What does the ejection pattern look like? Weak ammo such as WWB in a new gun can be problematic if that is what you are shooting. The earlier Gen 4 G19's would often send brass to the face (BTF), but it was nearly always with weak ammo. Just watch the youtube videos and note that the fired brass is barely clearing the gun. Run some +P loads or at least NATO 124gr loads through it and see if that clears it up. I'll bet it might. Weak ammo combined with the occasional less than perfect grip can definitely cause cycling issues in some guns......especially new guns. BTW, PSA had a killer deal on the NATO loads last week. Don't know if it is still on. Good luck.

I took advantage of that deal PSA was running on those NATO rounds which were a damn good deal. I'm guessing that did the trick. Put 100+ rounds through it this past weekend and I didn't get one hangup so I reckon that worked the problem out. I think that before I must have been using a weak round cause after some more research I read that the S&Ws dont really like federal ammo (I dont know how accurate that actually is) but the switch made all the difference. Thanks for the help man!

Had the same problem with a G42. Wouldn't work worth a shit trying PPU ammo. Got 200 rounds in bulk, and I think it fully cycled about 8 rounds.

Back to the store for some good ammo, and some defensive ammo. It cycled everything flawlessly between 3 magazines.

I'll be leaving that crap on the shelf next time. The only reason I got it was because Academy had a good sale on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Had the same problem with a G42. Wouldn't work worth a shit trying PPU ammo. Got 200 rounds in bulk, and I think it fully cycled about 8 rounds.

Back to the store for some good ammo, and some defensive ammo. It cycled everything flawlessly between 3 magazines.

I'll be leaving that crap on the shelf next time. The only reason I got it was because Academy had a good sale on it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    My G42 was the same way. I left the slide locked back for about a week, then I cleaned it and lubed it with light lube instead of the copper grease. Problem solved.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.