Thread: 1911 Trigger Work

Default 1911 Trigger Work

Have any of you guys done your own trigger work on a 1911? Specifically, fitting a new hammer, sear, and disconnector?

I know specific tools are a must. Aside from that, how did it work out for you? I have one that could benefit from some fine tuning. The trigger currently has too much creep.

I've done several. I bought a jig to help with fitment. Files, fine sandpaper, and stones are your friend. Patience is your best friend.

What jig did you use? I have seen the Ed Brown sear jig. Looks pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    What jig did you use? I have seen the Ed Brown sear jig. Looks pretty straight forward.
    I used a generic (if I remember correctly) from Brownell's or Midway; it's been years since I've messed with a 1911 trigger. However, I do need to break into a full-custom one I built because something "gave way" and the trigger no longer functions. I think something in the leaf spring went bad, but I dunno. I need to tear into it and see what's going on.

youtube is your friend

I do my own. A good set of stones , including, the trigger channel stone, and a good jig will get you started, but unless you have good internal parts you'll never get better than mediocre results.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore....Kit-P2230.aspx
    Last edited by FLS; 09-29-2017 at 06:10 AM.

I know a guy if you don't wanna mess with it.

South Greenville but not Robbie.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Al Dichira in Jackson is great with 1911 triggers. He will do it while you wait.....and watch.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I am going to get the correct tools along with some good parts and tackle this myself. There are a couple of guns in the family that could benefit. I can get most of the tools for what 1 trigger job costs.