Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha 50 Prop Question

14g black stainless with 4 stroke on 1650 and cmc.....gets on plane quick and runs plenty fine for me....i'd like to try a 15g but not spending alot of $ just to find out it's sluggish with a load

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    14g black stainless with 4 stroke on 1650 and cmc.....gets on plane quick and runs plenty fine for me....i'd like to try a 15g but not spending alot of $ just to find out it's sluggish with a load
    ECU's 3 cyl will turn a bigger prop under load than the 4 stroke.

Find someone with a Powertech SCB in 15/16 and take it for a spin...will get you in the ballpark as to whether or not it is to much wheel for your particular application. A lot more of the SCB's floating around than Gseries props...

Going out tomorrow.

Note the 14G turned 4900 and the 13G turned 5500 on my 40hp. Does not make sense but the Ambush does not like to be trimmed out.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    I have a 50 yamaha on a 1652 with a cmc breakaway. I currently run a stilleto 12P which has been the best prop of the ones Ive tried up to this point. 5500 rpm 36ish speed. I tried a 15p powertech and the motor would not turn it and had a ton of torque steer. Buddy is sending me a 13P yamaha black stainless to try. So far I keep going back to the 12P stilleto. The Powertechs I tried were REB, I have not tried an SCB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go with the 14 pitch yamaha black stainless. You will be disappointed if your get the 16.