Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Calls

Default Duck Calls

I started around end of January of this year. Just wanted to try my hand at making my own duck calls. It has turned into another addicting part of duck hunting for myself. I started around the end of May making my own inserts and wanted to see what the brutal honest of the SC Ducks world has to say about the way this one looks and sounds...... Let me know what you guys think would appreciated any advice or constructive criticism you guys or experts have.... Also has been a great way to meet others from all over the place that love to duck hunt. Excited about this season and whats to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwY...ew?usp=sharing

Tried posting the video directly to the site but let me know if the link does not work.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Sounds good to me. I think it will call a duck. Single or double reed?

I think the arrow does better than the Indian..

Sounds like a mouthy ole whore at the end of the bar, eating Marlboros and Roxys..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Single Reed

They look good. Havent listened to the audio

Kudos to making your own inserts. It'll kill a duck.

Thanks slowly making changes to it so the sound will change over time.....

I want one .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Can you post a pic of the insert ?

Yup

The call sounded good, so well it made the dog come to you and take a piss!! Can't help but call in a duck!!

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I think the arrow does better than the Indian..

Sounds like a mouthy ole whore at the end of the bar, eating Marlboros and Roxys..
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Agreed that call has more duck in than you are letting out. Has a lot of promise. I wouldn't mind given her a run one day..
    Genesis 9;2

We can work somethig out maybe not that one seeing as I donated that to an auction to raise money for a girl that was sick and her family needed some money for medical bills. Just shoot me a messag bud can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    I want one .
    The mouthy ole whore or the call?

Quote Originally Posted by NJSC View Post
    The mouthy ole whore or the call?
    The call ! I like whores but not mouthy ones !

Last few calls I have been working on getting close to an insert design that I like. Still needs a little tuning, but what yall think of this one?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/166N...ew?usp=sharing

Diggin’ it.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

nice