Bible Study Verses
Job 37:11-13
Also with moisture He saturates the thick clouds; He scatters His bright clouds. And they swirl about, being turned by His guidance, That they may do whatever He commands them on the face of the whole earth. He causes it to come, Whether for correction, Or for His land, Or for mercy. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As I write this, the Midwest is experiencing a moderate drought. We need moisture, either rain or snow - we don't care.

There's one player in the book of Job who spoke wisely about storms, Elihu. He was a young guy and properly waited his turn to speak after his elders made miserable comforters of themselves (not my words but Job's words in 16:2). But when he spoke, boy, he really let 'em have it.

He was filled with the spirit. He was a mediator and a confessor of the goodness, majesty, righteousness, and holiness of God. In Job 37:11-13, Elihu discerned why God sends thunderstorms: to punish the wicked, to nourish the land, and to supply the needs of people.
(Don H)

Action Point
Our Scripture for today is about judgment, provision, and mercy. Somewhere in those three words, I see the cross of Jesus on which sin was judged, salvation is provided, and mercy is abundant.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Cold, windy weather is easier to handle with a pair of good quality ski goggles. There's a reason skiers wear them! I've found name brand units for just a couple of dollars at thrift stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk