Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPIDURAL

Default EPIDURAL

Low back injury. Doc wants to give me a shot. Tell me your experiences – the good the bad and the ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.

Can not handle that shit. Knock me out with a hammer first.

1st shot helped about 2 months, 2nd one about 2 weeks, and the 3rd about 4 months. Haven't had one in about 8 months now. Pain comes and goes, but I was miserable before I did the shots. Only occasionally miserable now. Not much encouragement here. Exercise (squats, light weight or no weight) has helped the most. Problem is I start feeling better and then slack off on the exercise, and the pain returns.
    Last edited by BIGDUX; 09-13-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Wife has had them, I have not. I have had cortizone and that stuff works!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

My wife had the epidural steroid injection for her back and hip pain. She's had two, the first one lasted about 4 months, the last one she had was over a year ago and so far (knock on wood) she hasn't had any more pain.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-13-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

i reckon you are getting some steroids?

what's not to like? unless you are a pussy like jab and can actually see out of the back of your head. You cant watch. Just let them do it.

it'll either work or it wont. I bet 60/40 to the bad in terms of responses on here bc people complain more than they compliment.

Just do it...then fix your front because it is affecting your back.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Just do it...then fix your front because it is affecting your back.
    You were doing real good and I was agreeing with all of it. Until you started sounding like a chiropractor.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

shots are temporary. they are not a "fix." they are a band aid.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don't look at the xray screen when the are inserting the needle. You won't have to wonder if they have injected that shit.

I watched my wife get three. She's tiny, and that didn't help make that needle look any smaller.

What time does the doctor want you to start pushing the baby out?

Got relief almost immediately. Lasted about 8 months for my first one.

I've had them in my upper spine. It took about 2 weeks for them to kick in, but after that, I've been pretty much pain free. Doctor put me under in order to give it.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Had my first one last Wednesday at Midlands Ortho. The process went like this:

Arrived on time, was immediately taken back and had my BP taken (135/84, so I may have been a bit anxious). 15 minutes later, wheeled into the procedure room.

The doctor was top notch (Rawl). She explained what she was doing and what I would be feeling as we went. The first step was the numbing injection, which I suspect was xylocaine. She said it would be the worst part, and she was right. She started the injection deep and apparently worked her way back out. So it took about 30 seconds, with the last bit being the worst. That shit burns. But it was tolerable.

Next, the epidural. I couldn't see the screen from where I was, never saw the needle. I was quite numb real fast, and she said I'd feel some pressure, which was about all, initially. Then, as she was guiding herself by X-ray, she came to a ligament she had to go through. She said I'd feel something like a "puff of air" shoot down into my buttock. Well, it didn't feel like that to me, but it wasn't bad - just odd - as she went through the ligament. She said, as she started the medication in, that I'd feel pressure again as it filled the space. Correct. She directed me to take three deep breaths and let each out slowly, and then said "that's it" - total time lapse from time I entered the room was less than 15 minutes. I walked out pain free (thanks to xylocaine) - when it wore off, the pain I had been dealing with was 80-90% gone. Over the last week, a localized area of pain has persisted, but I can get around and go to work. Much better than pre-injection, but it may take another shot to resolve totally.

Frankly, I think I need fresh imagery. A herniated L4/L5 is suspected, aggravated by a heavy lift I did a few weeks ago, but I will give this shot some time to work. Doctor Rambo is my neuro/back doc, and he doesn't cut unless it's absolutely needed. If he says I need surgery, I'm okay with it and feel I'm in good hands.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Less than 50% effective in men. I have had 2 and neither were effective.

Acupuncture was MUCH more effective.

What's the actual injury?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    What's the actual injury?
    Knowing frogger he probably let alligator mouth overload hummingbird ass.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sounds like you just need to go to 2th for the numbing effect. He pretty good at that. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Hope all goes well, FrogMan. I know nothing about epidurals.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Dr. Rambo is the best.