Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cormorant killing

For you guys that don't want to let anyone else into you little club, y'all make me laugh. I also didn't take the opportunity to get on in it when I had the chance. There's zero reason to shut be out now. I don't want to kill them because it "sounds like fun" I want em dead because they're annihilating the fish on Marion. That many birds, coupled with the fact that Santee Cooper has effectively eliminated every shred of useful vegetation on the lakes for the fish to hide in, makes for easy targets.

I want em dead to save the fishery and I blame S-C for making it easy for the commonazies to thrive. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-30-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Saw a few around yesterday. Nasty bastards.
    20180129_113720.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Cedar swamp!
    AKA the center of the universe.
    i bet you thought there would be something funny here.

In November 2017, a final Environmental Assessment (EA) was published that found No Significant Impact to the cormorant population for the lethal take of up to 51,571 birds per year in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The EA allows the Service to issue individual permits for managing cormorants at aquaculture facilities, alleviating human health and safety concerns, protecting threatened and endangered species, and reducing damage to property.

Members from several states (AR, MI, MN, MS, NH, NC, NY, VT) have urged the Service to address cormorant impacts on wild free-swimming fish that are perceived to effect commercial and recreational fisheries in the Great Lakes and across the nation. The Service is beginning to work with state fish and wildlife agencies through the Flyway Councils to review the science and available data to better understand the impacts cormorants have on free-swimming fish populations and recreational and commercial fishing. After evaluation of the relevant scientific data, the Service may initiate a NEPA review process to evaluate comprehensive options for cormorant management in the U.S., which may include options that offer protection for recreational and commercial fisheries.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The kids around my end har handling them pretty good lol.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

So Duck Tape, does "no significant impact" to the population mean the depredation shoots have no effect and serve no purpose or rather they do not harm the cormorants populations and can be resumed?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    So Duck Tape, does "no significant impact" to the population mean the depredation shoots have no effect and serve no purpose or rather they do not harm the cormorants populations and can be resumed?
    Good question. Should I buy shells now?
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    In November 2017, a final Environmental Assessment (EA) was published that found No Significant Impact to the cormorant population for the lethal take of up to 51,571 birds per year in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The EA allows the Service to issue individual permits for managing cormorants at aquaculture facilities, alleviating human health and safety concerns, protecting threatened and endangered species, and reducing damage to property.

Members from several states (AR, MI, MN, MS, NH, NC, NY, VT) have urged the Service to address cormorant impacts on wild free-swimming fish that are perceived to effect commercial and recreational fisheries in the Great Lakes and across the nation. The Service is beginning to work with state fish and wildlife agencies through the Flyway Councils to review the science and available data to better understand the impacts cormorants have on free-swimming fish populations and recreational and commercial fishing. After evaluation of the relevant scientific data, the Service may initiate a NEPA review process to evaluate comprehensive options for cormorant management in the U.S., which may include options that offer protection for recreational and commercial fisheries.
    So SC had no people advocating the program?

Bug, That is how I read it. Now they are just dragging throe feet so they do not have to work.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Save the fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I love the way that thing is worded. Lots of concern, impacts, understanding, work with, protection and reducing. Its beautiful.

Lots of concern over here. Like do i have a chance to blast commonazies on valentine's day or what.

The enemy is stacking up thick on the lake let’s remove them
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Quote Originally Posted by HARDCOREFOWLER View Post
    The enemy is stacking up thick on the lake let’s remove them
    They must have moved the big roost off Old 52 as I don't see the numbers over town in the afternoons that I did. Still plenty at the locks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.