Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves

Default Braves

I'm sure most here gave up on the braves months ago. They are not going to even come close to making the playoffs, but if you like the braves and want to see the future of this team, they are fun to watch right now and they are winning games. They should be a team to compete for a pendant next season
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Yes sir. How about Swanson getting hit in the fellas while a relief pitcher was warming up. But yes they are fun to watch!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Yes sir. How about Swanson getting hit in the fellas while a relief pitcher was warming up. But yes they are fun to watch!

Saw that. He's a player. Rocket of an arm

I was there Saturday night for the walk off in extra innings. Sad to see turner field going away
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Isn't the new stadium like way outside of town?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I still consider Turner the new stadium. I am a pathetic braves fan. I can't wait to see them compete for another pendant, but that won't be anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Isn't the new stadium like way outside of town?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure it is out near Marietta, but I dunno. I miss the days of Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux, et. Al.

These news kids can be good if they keep them all together in ATL and don't trade them away.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The new stadium is in Marietta right where 75 and 285 meet. It's going to be a shit show for traffic. Once you get there though, I think the new stadium will be enjoyable.

Freeman and Kemp both have over 30 HR's as of last night. If Kemp stays healthy, he can really help the team next year. Pitching looks good, but is still lacking.

I see them picking up a third baseman (Martin Prado is my pick), a big name pitcher, a catcher, and one more big name outfielder for center before next season. They have freed up a lot of cash and should be making moves this offseason.

There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

There's a difference.
    Stop making fun of people's grammer...

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Stop making fun of people's grammer...
    Grammar*
    :FYT:

Tehe

I'll go with the typical response/excuse....I posted from my phone, stupid auto correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    Grammar*
    You don't say...

Actually, "lexicon" works better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I was there Saturday night for the walk off in extra innings. Sad to see turner field going away
    No its not. The stadium itself is cool, but its in a shitty part of town and really far from the majority of the fanbase. If Blank were to have done the same thing, there would have been an uprising.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I really don't see the Braves picking up any big names until there prospects shake out a little more. 2017 won't be much better than 2016.

Frank Wren has dedicated the past few years to developing our minor league system. Much like Bobby Cox and Shurholtz did during the glory days in Atlanta.
    Not that there will ever be another but there looking for another Chipper and developing a staff like Smoltz Glavine and Maddox.

I think Kemp is just trade bait to add more young talent in the minors.

Gutpile is on drugs if he thinks the Braves will be contenders next year. He is right about one thing- if they had asked the question in the new stadium planning meeting - " Where can we build this to totally fuck up the traffic for all time ??"

They picked the right place. It's a nightmare junction now. Putting more cars there for game time is going to make folks trying to get home lose their minds.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

And they just swept the mets. Couldn't happen at a better time (or to a better team) given that they are wild card contenders. I despised having to watch every game at Shea and turning the TV to mute when the "Larry...Larry" chant started (which was pretty much the whole game). Old boy made a hell of a rob to end the game with the Met fans on their feet. Even if they are still 30 games under 500.

Sweeping the Mets is as good as it gets. You hated the "Larry" chanting, but Chipper sure didn't mind.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Sweeping the Mets is as good as it gets. You hated the "Larry" chanting, but Chipper sure didn't mind.
    Chipper names his son after their old stadium, hell no he doesnt care what they say. He was a thorn in the mets side for years and they hate him,,, he knows hes completely mind fucked them. I went to a game up there at their new ball park and yes they really hate chipper jones but thats all theyll say to you if you are wearing braves attire.

And they are starting to hate Freddie Freeman. He dominates in their new park