Thread: Altamira oriole

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Altamira oriole

The Altamira oriole is a New World oriole. The bird is widespread in subtropical lowlands of the Mexican Gulf Coast and northern Central America, the Pacific coast and inland. They have since spread to southern Texas, but this was not until 1939.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

...never seen a Altamira oriole but we do get Baltimore Orioles during the winter...

About 15 years ago mom and dad had a single Baltimore hanging around their backyard in Moncks Corner. I told them about putting out peanut butter so now it has grown into a massive feeding station wintering 30+ Baltimore orioles. Now from November through April, Dad cuts oranges, fills drilled out 2x4s with peanut butter and drips grape jelly into cups two times a day unless it's cold then he has to do it three times. He grumbles that whole time and blames me for his plight.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yep. The Baltimore is a beauty too.

Another beautiful bird we get here part of the year is the Summer Tanager. I was in the wood all the time growing up and I swear I don't remember seeing any Summer Tanagers back then. Now I see them all the time. I know if they had been there I would have seen them. It's not like they're camouflaged, there is no other bird out there that is that red except the cardinals. But cardinals eat seeds and such and tend spend most of their time in the understory. The Summer Tanager is the exact opposite. It's usually high in the trees. It's also a highly agile flyer that catches bugs on the wing.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I have seen summer and Scarlett tanagers this year. I never knew how many painted buntings we had until I figured out what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Yep. The Baltimore is a beauty too.

Another beautiful bird we get here part of the year is the Summer Tanager. I was in the wood all the time growing up and I swear I don't remember seeing any Summer Tanagers back then. Now I see them all the time. I know if they had been there I would have seen them. It's not like they're camouflaged, there is no other bird out there that is that red except the cardinals. But cardinals eat seeds and such and tend spend most of their time in the understory. The Summer Tanager is the exact opposite. It's usually high in the trees. It's also a highly agile flyer that catches bugs on the wing.
    The only time I've seen Tanagers was around the old bee box at the farm. I was amazed to see them actively feeding on honey bees.

G

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    The only time I've seen Tanagers was around the old bee box at the farm. I was amazed to see them actively feeding on honey bees.
    I think their motto is: "If it flies it dies". If it's a bug and it's on the wing they'll get it. I'm not surprised by them whacking bees. I've watched them feeding many times and those birds can flat fly!
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-14-2017 at 08:00 PM.