Thread: 2006 F-150 fake error message

Default 2006 F-150 fake error message

I have a 2006 F150 4x4. About a month ago I pulled a utility trailer with the golf cart up to cashiers North Carolina and hit the overdrive button next to my gearshift to turn it off. I could fill overdrive kick off and everything acted correctly. The next morning I got in, overdrive was still off so I hit the button again to turn it back on.

Ever since then, after about 3 to 5 miles after cold start, there's a loud beep and the information screen will read "transmission malfunction" and the "O/D off" light will flash. Truck drives perfectly normal, and even after error pops up I can hit the button again and feel the overdrive kick off, and press it again and feel it come back on. I feel like there is a contact or something electrical because mechanically it seems to be fine. I have put 3000 miles on it since it first started doing it

Any suggestions
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Have someone pull the codes out the transmission module and let me know the code
    More fuel = more boost!!

Maybe a trans temp sensor bad or the harness inside the pan melted
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Have someone pull the codes out the transmission module and let me know the code
    Kevin, I've been riding around with this error message occasionally showing up since August... no real drivability issues, other than decreased gas mileage.

So I am now selling this truck and a potential buyer took it to their mechanic, he pulled the codes and it came back with: P0741 OBD-II

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

What am I looking at in terms of repair costs? I know you're throwing darts until you get in there and see it first hand... but if you had to guess?
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

give me a few
    More fuel = more boost!!

anything for you, buddy
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    anything for you, buddy
    likewise.
    More fuel = more boost!!