Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chain Saw?

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    The reason I'm saying this is I just went thru this same deal with a weedeater. Tried everyone untill I spent 650 on a stihl and never looked back
    Don't get me wrong, I just spent $800 of a stihl Kombi which included several attachments and its amazing. Did you spend $650 on just a stihl weed eater?
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

The above post makes me ask, who in the Midlands works on Echos? I have 2 now that work on my Stihl and several others around the state depending on where I'm working.

I've got two husqvarnas, a 455 and a 450. I'd like to have something larger than the 455 at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    What made you come to that decision? Just the price alone?
    59 cc
    20 in bar
    Reputable manufacture
    Great online reviews / vids
    Only saw my dealer was sold out of (plenty of comparable stihls in stock but they were a good bit more expensive)
    Stihl = yeti
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    The above post makes me ask, who in the Midlands works on Echos? I have 2 now that work on my Stihl and several others around the state depending on where I'm working.
    Geez! Call me tomorrow and I will fill you in on all the information that you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Ive used Irmo Outdoors in Ballentine & Hedge Path in Newberry for echo work.

The reason I'm saying this is I just went thru this same deal with a weedeater. Tried everyone untill I spent 650 on a stihl and never looked back
    Only time I've needed a part for my echo weedeater was when I lost part of the head assembly. Dealer had parts in stock. Because you spent $650 on a weed eater you know they will have your spare parts in 5 years?makes sense
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

I think echo comes with free gloves, glasses and earplugs. Maybe a rtic tumbler too..
    Last edited by charlie horse; 09-11-2017 at 08:11 PM.

And a can of Skoal cherry

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    Only time I've needed a part for my echo weedeater was when I lost part of the head assembly. Dealer had parts in stock. Because you spent $650 on a weed eater you know they will have your spare parts in 5 years?makes sense
    I blew 3 of them up. 1 returned to the store, last 2 cracked compression ring. I've known alot of loggers in my life and haven't yet saw one with a echo..... It's like a Kia you buy it and when it tears up you just throw it away

Go over to Hiltons on Two Notch tomorrow.

They will have pretty much every model of every saw you could imagine from all three manufacturers in stock. Describe to them what you want and they can tell you what you need in about 5 minutes and you will be on your way.

Good people and a huge inventory.

They will service your saw regardless of the brand you decide for the next 30 years.

Yea but in 5 years when u need parts to fix it or service the local mower shop can't get parts. Stihl will always be fixable
    when I worked at a small engine shop back in high school I had to fix way more Stihl saws than I did echo.
    And we never had trouble getting parts for them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I blew 3 of them up. 1 returned to the store, last 2 cracked compression ring. I've known alot of loggers in my life and haven't yet saw one with a echo..... It's like a Kia you buy it and when it tears up you just throw it away
    My dad logged, he wouldn't own anything but a Stihl. I spent a lot of time behind a 36 growing up and various others. I've run the old McCulloughs, Homelites, Poulan, Echo, Husqvarna etc. the Stihl is the best of the bunch. Those old McCulloughs were tough but they'd vibrate you to death. I'd rather use a sharp axe than a Poulan or Homelite and the Echo's I've used didn't have the torque to power through when you bit the dog in.

Buy once, cry once.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 09-11-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    when I worked at a small engine shop back in high school I had to fix way more Stihl saws than I did echo.
    And we never had trouble getting parts for them
    That's because more people own a Stihl and people who do tended to actually use them to do heavy work.

There's nothing wrong with an Echo for the home, you got to have something your wives can teach you to use.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I just wish Stihl was not that nasty color orange.

WHY? They are WINNERS! BAWAAAAAAA
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    That's because more people own a Stihl and people who do tended to actually use them to do heavy work.

There's nothing wrong with an Echo for the home, you got to have something your wives can teach you to use.
    Lol
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

All kidding aside Echo used to be the shit but they started mass messing with them like everybody else is what I was told. Stihl but don't skimp or Husky but same thing.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All Stihl dealers service Stihl equipment.

I have an echo weed eater that has been incredible for 15 years. That said, I think Stijl is way to go for a farm/heavy duty saw. I have two- one for limbing and one for bigger work. Whatever you do, don't buy a poulan.
    Carolina Counsel