Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A First

Default A First

I've been using Timney triggers for quite a while now in my 700's. Today was a first for me though, trigger failure. I was testing some new loads for my .300wsm for velocity. The first shot the trigger felt a little lighter than normal, the second much the same. I chalked that up to not having shot the rifle or anything much in a few months. The third round I loaded and upon closing the bolt, the rifle discharged. I thought maybe I had done something stupid like had my finger on the trigger. I loaded the next one, ready for the discharge and wasn't surprised when it happened. I cleared the spent round and cycled the bolt about 10 times, every time, the firing pin dropped. I put the gun on safe and cycled the bolt, as soon as I took it off safe, the trigger dropped. Came home and pulled the trigger to send back to Timney on Monday.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You have a loose screw in it. There is a set screw with torque stripe on it. It shouldn't come loose but at times they do especially if you ride dirt roads a lot with the gun in the truck. It's an easy fix without sending it in.
    Last edited by Griffin; 08-19-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I've got a Geissele that won't reset. Even top name brands have some that won't work right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You have a loose screw in it. There is a set screw with torque stripe on it. It shouldn't come loose but at times they do especially if you ride dirt roads a lot with the gun in the truck. It's an easy fix without sending it in.
    First thing I tried, it's still dropping the hammer. I put it in a box, I have others until this one gets back.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    First thing I tried, it's still dropping the hammer. I put it in a box, I have others until this one gets back.
    Crazy stuff
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Crazy stuff
    Yeah, if you close the bolt really slow, it will hold. Leave it there a second or two and you'll here the click. That's a lot of fun when 67grns of Hybrid 100V touches off and you're not expecting it.

Ruttrow raggy!!!!!

I'd like to hear their excuse. I bet they try to blame it on you or something else.

This will be interesting to see their response. Hopefully its just send it in and we will replace it

I have no doubt they'll fix it, they're good people. I've shot a whole lot of rounds under their triggers and never had one issue. Bound to happen sooner or later.

Great part is, my wife's letting me get a new Sako.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have no doubt they'll fix it, they're good people. I've shot a whole lot of rounds under their triggers and never had one issue. Bound to happen sooner or later.

Great part is, my wife's letting me get a new Sako.
    That my friend is great

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've got a Geissele that won't reset. Even top name brands have some that won't work right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    This man has the best get a Geissele throw the Timney. Thank me later!

Timney has been the trigger that has failed the most for me, in other platforms. Not necessarily in a 700, but in others. They use to be my go to because of 700's, but after several other platforms failing and seeing some 700 fail in the past two years I have concluded their quality has gone down hill.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

In fairness to the Geissele that's not resetting, I'm having other issues with the gun it's in. I'm having stovepipes so I've been trying different settings on the gas block. I think the failure to reset is from the gun being over gassed. I've been trying to find a happy medium where the gun will cycle without the suppressor and not be overgassed with the suppressor. That might not be possible. After a shooting session yesterday, I broke the bolt catch and found evidence of the bolt dinging the buffer tube. I ordered a heavy buffer and new recoil spring and I plan to find the tightest setting on the gas block with the can in place and adjust when I need to shoot without the can.

Got a new Timney 510 set at 2.5# in the mail today. There was a handwritten work order in the box that said "broken housing, unrepairable, replace with new." I'll drop this one in the .243 I pulled one out of.

I like companies that stand behind their products.

Do you think it was a result of round count or manufacturing defect?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Do you think it was a result of round count or manufacturing defect?
    No idea, the .300wsm isn't exactly mild recoil but, I've got 30'06's that hit harder. It was a different design than the 510 they replaced it with, almost looked like the factory trigger.

I had my Rifle Basix take a shit yesterday n the middle of a match. Sear adjustment screw backed out. Repaired it but damage was done. I'm on a friggin roll. 3 matches, 3 mechanical failures.
    Last edited by FLS; 09-17-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Hold the hell up, so now we're not supposed to ride down dirt roads?

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Hold the hell up, so now we're not supposed to ride down dirt roads?
    Gonna have a whole bunch of broke triggers if that's the case.

Timney has cool cards. Odd failure indeed. Never had a failure with Tim, Geis, or RB.. even in grit.. figure now I will have about ten ftf or ad in a row.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Timney has cool cards. Odd failure indeed. Never had a failure with Tim, Geis, or RB.. even in grit.. figure now I will have about ten ftf or ad in a row.
    I'll be honest, it's a bad feeling when you close the bolt and it goes boom. I know it was an anomaly but, every time I pick up one of my 700's I wonder if this one is going to do it too. Damn sure makes you think twice about muzzle discipline. Seems like since then, I grab the new Sako 3 to 1 but that may be more because I want to kill a deer with it.