Thread: Good dove hunting weather

Default Good dove hunting weather

What would yall consider to be good dove hunting weather?

We normally hunt our field on sunday afternoons. This sunday afternoon is overcast and windy. Should that make it better, worse, no different? It seems to me that they may feed heavy before a storm, but i am a neophyte at this and wanted to see what wisdom the SCDucks brain trust had on this

had some good hunts in, or near tropical storm weather. cool temps Friday on the tip of this storm has me excited for Saturday mornings hunt.

The next two mornings should be good as well.

saw lots of birds flying yesterday with the cooler weather, wind, and storms moving through. After every band came through they flocked back to the fields.

Saturday morning will be fun.

At least I will be able to take my dog now with the cooler weather. I had a dog that had a heat stroke a number of years ago and died a year later from kidney failure due to that heat stroke. I no longer take my dog if it is 86 degrees or hotter. I have seen a lot of dogs suffer at the 4 hunts I have been on and a couple of guys had to leave early due to their dog overheating. I later found out that my dog had a paralyzed larynx which Dr. Feeder at the Emergency Vet Clinic in Columbia said is very common in Labs but seems to be more common in yellow Labs. He could not get enough air in to cool his body. The 9 day vet bill was over $3000.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Hunted yesterday morning and it was better than opening day and opening day was the best I have had in years!!

60acres of corn was cut yesterday. Hooking batwing up today and mowing. Then going to sugarcoat it .

Do y'all think the DNR will allow public field hunting this Saturday? Just wondering as I didn't know if they could man the fields with the hurricane approaching...

I don't know, but I plan on shooting the shit out of birds right up to Sunday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Pinestraw View Post
    Do y'all think the DNR will allow public field hunting this Saturday? Just wondering as I didn't know if they could man the fields with the hurricane approaching...
    Closed
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Plus half the state will closed to deer hunting for the next month
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt