Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bream boat

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Ima build me some of those cricket cages.
    One of those, and a grill table have been on my to do list for more than a year, or so. One day when I'm not stretched thin enough to see through...I'ma get that shit done.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i had the Dragon Fly stickers made locally in Greenville - the same guy that made the lettering
    The story on the boat is a man who made the boats from 1980 -t0 1988 passed away and no one could make them . He worked for a farm supply co over close to N.Myrtle Beach.
    The company had about 20 boats unsold ( they made about 4-5 different models) but the put them in a warehouse in 1989 and finally started to sell them off about 2 years ago. i know the man that owned the boats and got this one .

Thanks,
    Tailfeathers

That's cool. I believe (may be wrong) that they made those in the back of Nichols Farm Supply in Nichols. I went to the absolute auction there a few months back and bought a giant Nichols Farm Supply sign. They had an area back there with several boats roped off. Said that that stuff wasn't for sale. There was some neat stuff over in that area. They sold a few LR Boats signs they did throw in the auction.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    That's cool. I believe (may be wrong) that they made those in the back of Nichols Farm Supply in Nichols. I went to the absolute auction there a few months back and bought a giant Nichols Farm Supply sign. They had an area back there with several boats roped off. Said that that stuff wasn't for sale. There was some neat stuff over in that area. They sold a few LR Boats signs they did throw in the auction.
    You are correct. I believe the Battle family own the boat interest.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton