Thread: Deer tag check point

Default Deer tag check point

There is a traffic stop set up at the intersection of Hwy 41 and 512.

County police and dnr.
    I stopped, they asked if I had any deer, I said no, they looked in the back of the truck and said have a nice day.

Saw at least one vehicle pulled to the side with a deer.

Guess they getting the point across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't believe you...

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Please tell me this is a joke.

DNR frequently helps with road blocks checking for DUI's/license. It is possible the guy with the deer had been drinking, or was caught trying to not tag a deer at a DUI checkpoint on Labor Day weekend.

Nope, not a joke. They didn't stop us but there were a few at Mingo last night talking about it. Put the date on those tags, that was what most were getting warnings on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

A DNR officer checked us on our dove field yesterday and I asked him about deer tags. He said if they are in the truck and you tag him before you transport it there are no problems. He said he would be lenient this year, and expect to go to telecheck next year. He fully expected the tags to only last one year.

how does telecheck work with no cell coverage? stupid shit. I don't mind the tags so much- just make them like the gator tags- a damned non removable tie wrap and not date specific

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    how does telecheck work with no cell coverage? stupid shit. I don't mind the tags so much- just make them like the gator tags- a damned non removable tie wrap and not date specific

Works well in IL, you have certain amount of time to call it in if no cell service where you are BUT you still have to have the tag on the deer before you move it

You get a confirmation number, however can be a bitch trying to write it sometimes
    Last edited by tprice; 09-03-2017 at 09:36 AM.

We have to keep tags on hanging deer in our coolers. But we ain't leaving hair on the because that don't taste as good in sausage. Those things are impossible to skin around so now we are just cutting them off and stapling them to a wire tag when they hit the parking lot. They take a lot of extra time to deal with but DNR has been really good about working with us. So far every deer has been tagged correctly but many forget to notch them.

My processor puts them in a ziploc bag with the order form when they cut them off. At least that was how they did the doe tags in years past.

Told you road blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    A DNR officer checked us on our dove field yesterday and I asked him about deer tags. He said if they are in the truck and you tag him before you transport it there are no problems. He said he would be lenient this year, and expect to go to telecheck next year. He fully expected the tags to only last one year.
    Telecheck is the way to go. Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who really wants to call the government every time they kill a deer?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Most tele-check states give you a grace period to have it checked in by. I think Georgia is 72 hours but you have to have your confirmation number written on your harvest thingy to be legit.