Thread: Utv trailer tie down options?

Default Utv trailer tie down options?

I have upgraded to a tandem axle trailer and looking for utv tie down options. My last trailer had a boat winch welded on that I liked but I am wanting to mount a v shaped tool box on the tongue this go round. Any ideas?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

My suggestion would be something like this..

1359174079409311.jpg

1359173454845733.jpg

^^^^^ x2

I welded some rings to the frame on mine and used chains and binders. Those straps always seem to get play in them no matter how tight I got them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a boat winch up front and a piece of chain welded to floor with a loop that goes into my receiver on the back. I just hook the back and then winch it tight up front. Keeps the weight over the axles instead of being winched all the way to the front of the trailer.

I've seen some tie downs on Diamond C utility trailer that is a piece of 1/4"x3 flat stock with several 1-1/2" holes drilled in it and welded on edge along the inside edge of each corner. It looked nice and stayed out of the way.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

This may help explain it better.

IMG_3896.jpg

I just put my parking brake on
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I drive like the Duke boys- that wouldn't work for me

You ever see a trencher fly, I have. I was only three miles from the house and thought it was too heavy to come off, I was lucky it didn't hit anyone. Put a strap on it 'cause it was like a bullet. You can't get it back.

My trailer has sides like the ones pictured above. If it comes out of there I'll have worse issues
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My trailer has sides like the ones pictured above. If it comes out of there I'll have worse issues
    Mine had two foot sides, but when the coupler isn't latched it can come off of the ball, then when the tongue goes into the ground the thing you was hauling will get catapulted with forces that a NASA engineer couldn't cipher sending said payload into orbit. Hell of a thing to see. Ol spinchter muscle will tighten right up.

I just run a big 3" ratchet strap behind the rear wheels and on top of the hitch on my ranger. It connects to the bottom of the angle iron that supports the sides. I would like to rig my trailer so I can tie down like Woodrow does, but this works good for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

A few years back a truck going down hwy 38 had one roll off the back going 60mph. It flipped a few times then went into the windshield of a 16yr old boy. He lived, but with permanent and life changing injuries. All because the driver of the truck was too lazy to take an extra five minutes and tie his 4wheeler down.

We have a 12' trailer with a drop down ramp in the back and tube steel sides. We put a eye bolt in the tongue and hook the winch to it. Load it. Tighten the winch. Roll on. We haul three times a week like that. It does not put a jerk load on the winch because we tighten down so the Polaris hits the tight on the front rail.

Tie your shit down at 4 points. Just because it hasn't happened to date doesn't mean you won't have a bad accident the next time you haul ass down the road. Chain, cable, straps and load binders aren't that expensive and don't take that long to cinch down. Hell, I can load and bind the Gator with chains in less than 5 minutes and it doesn't move.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Before

After

2,000 lb boat winch. Strap the back down and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk