Thread: Wildlife Restoration Act- Where is the money going

Default Wildlife Restoration Act- Where is the money going

According to 2017 Federal report South Carolina was allotted $10,497,258 under the Pittman-Robertson and Dingle-Johnson acts for Wildlife and Sport Fish Conservation.

Does anyone know where these funds are going in our state? I'm assuming it should be public information since it is public dollars. My google powers did not provide many answers.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Send in a FOIA request.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I imagine most of that money was spent on "consultants" that may or may not have direct ties to the legislature.

Ohhh.... that must be why dnr just graduated another class of officers....
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 08-30-2017 at 08:16 AM.

There is actually a thread Mergie or myself started back I think around May or June discussing this very thing when we found out the new secretary of the interior was giving us more this year.

DT explains it all in that thread
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    There is actually a thread Mergie or myself started back I think around May or June discussing this very thing when we found out the new secretary of the interior was giving us more this year.

DT explains it all in that thread
    This thread http://scducks.com/forum/showthread....hlight=pittman?

Pittman-Robertson and Dingle-Johnson monies have specifics set in place that only allow them to be spent for certain criteria. It can not be spent for law enforcement.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

https://fawiki.fws.gov/pages/viewpag...ageId=30769397

§ 80.50 What activities are eligible for funding under the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act?

The following activities are eligible for funding under the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act:
    (a) Wildlife Restoration program.
    (1) Restore and manage wildlife for the benefit of the public.
    (2) Conduct research on the problems of managing wildlife and its habitat if necessary to administer wildlife resources efficiently.
    (3) Obtain data to guide and direct the regulation of hunting.
    (4) Acquire real property suitable or capable of being made suitable for:
    (i) Wildlife habitat; or
    (ii) Public access for hunting or other wildlife-oriented recreation.
    (5) Restore, rehabilitate, improve, or manage areas of lands or waters as wildlife habitat.
    (6) Build structures or acquire equipment, goods, and services to:
    (i) Restore, rehabilitate, or improve lands or waters as wildlife habitat; or
    (ii) Provide public access for hunting or other wildlife-oriented recreation.
    (7) Operate or maintain:
    (i) Projects that the State fish and wildlife agency completed under the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act; or
    (ii) Facilities that the agency acquired or constructed with funds other than those authorized under the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act if these facilities are necessary to carry out activities authorized by the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act.
    (8) Coordinate grants in the Wildlife Restoration program and related programs and subprograms.
    (b) Wildlife Restoration—Basic Hunter Education and Safety subprogram.
    (1) Teach the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to be a responsible hunter.
    (2) Construct, operate, or maintain firearm and archery ranges for public use.
    (c) Enhanced Hunter Education and Safety program.
    (1) Enhance programs for hunter education, hunter development, and firearm and archery safety. Hunter-development programs introduce individuals to and recruit them to take part in hunting, bow hunting, target shooting, or archery.
    (2) Enhance interstate coordination of hunter-education and firearm- and archery-range programs.
    (3) Enhance programs for education, safety, or development of bow hunters, archers, and shooters.
    (4) Enhance construction and development of firearm and archery ranges.
    (5) Update safety features of firearm and archery ranges.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 08-30-2017 at 09:50 AM.

According to a recent Steve Rinella podcast with a New Mexico Biologist, the state is required to write up grant proposals to the Federal department for this money. Once the grant has been approved, the state must spend the money on the project up front. Once the project is complete the Feds issue a reimbursement for 75% of the money spent for that project.

So it's not like the South Carolina was cut a fat check to do whatever they wanted with. I just want to know if SC is taking full advantage of the funds and if so, how and where?

After all the federal and state lobbying I have done lately I can tell you one thing, tracking money spent with a state or federal agency is next to impossible partner. The Foia process is a beast in and of itself, with strings everywhere that have no true ends and when one is granted the resulting information is also next to impossible to wade through if you carry a full time job.

I am continuously amazed at the amount of pure and simple corruption combined with wanton waste and all with no true oversight or accountability in place, which in effect is just the way the agencies like things.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I imagine most of that money was spent on "consultants" that may or may not have direct ties to the legislature.

Ohhh.... that must be why dnr just graduated another class of officers....
    I think you are confusing that with Richland County.

might be used for keeping all the wild turkey nests warm in sumter and francis marion.......

The states spend their own money on their projects then the money is awarded afterwards, like a Grant type setup. Even then it's a 3-1 allocation. 25% state money and 75% federal (P-R, D-J). The amount alloted for each state is based on license sales. If you want to help then get everyone you know over 65 their free license.