Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 pin sight

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    If you have good, young eyes, nothing wrong with a multi pin sight. I gained much needed confidence on my big Ohio 8 when I put my 20 pin a little high not sure how far beyond 20 and how close to 30 he was and realized that both my 20 and 30 were sitting well within the lungs...let it fly with a lot of confidence, and he died. I'd go with one of the ones that you dial in 20 and 40 and the rest are set. Good luck!
    That's the Trophy Ridge React that a few people mentioned above. A friend of mine has one and it's a great sight.

lets recap:
    you're shooting 3 pins.
    you say you gap shoot fine
    you dont hunt kansas
    you dont want to spend $200 on a new sight.
    Hmmmm....

I know I'm old and havent changed shit on my bow in 15 years but a 5 pin sight is fucking silly.

Hope this helps.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

this man knows what's up.

Stick with 3 or get a single pin sight. Went from a 3 pin to an HHA single pin sight and I like it much better then the 3 pin.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I use a spot Hogg single pin that I had them put two pins on. I'm good from point blank to ~33 without having to adjust, but can shoot out to 100. Went the less cluttered route when my eyes started going at 44. I used to shoot multi pins, and usually went with 5 even though I knew I'd never need 5 where I hunted in SC so that I could practice shooting at 60 yards. Practicing at 60 makes 30 seem really easy.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I used to shoot multi pins, and usually went with 5 even though I knew I'd never need 5 where I hunted in SC so that I could practice shooting at 60 yards. Practicing at 60 makes 30 seem really easy.
    That's the only reason I shoot a 5 pin sight as well, practicing at 60 really makes 30 easy. I couldn't see my pins at all on the deer I shot in August this year, just centered him up in the sight housing where I knew the 20 yard pin was and shot him.

Stick with 3 pins and increase the draw weight on your Eva Shockey edition bow. Done