Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coots vs. Wolfpack Predictions

Default Coots vs. Wolfpack Predictions

ESPN just said the Wolfpack front 7 were the best in college football and better than the Carolina Panthers linemen
    and all 7 would play in the NFL. Could be a long day for our Cub Scout quarterback, but NC State lost their entire
    secondary and the word is they suck ass back there. Coots could get their points with the receivers they have against a shitty secondary
    if Wally Beaver can get the ball out of his hands quick enough.
    On the other side of the ball, NC State lost their stud running back from last year. Coot secondary and LBs are being touted as pretty friggin solid.
    I am personally looking forward to seeing Ty'son Wiliams run the ball for the Coots. We haven't had an edge or outside back that can turn the corner like he can.....in my opinion. Hopefully opens things up a little for the pass.
    Line seems crazy at Coots only + 6

What is the line Climp5in has against their usual out of conference community college foe?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.

NCSt by 14

Clemson's spread is stupid. They won't cover because Dabo will have the scouts in by the 3rd. Kent State's HC won't even be at the game. Lots of PT for all.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

NC State misses a last second field goal.

They still win 56-7

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    They still win 56-7
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

:LOL:

Coots should roll. I mean it is the ACC they're up against. Just look back at the last time they played an ACC opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

SC's history in these opening games has been to win some ugly ones. I think State is solid up front on D, and they have a pretty good, experienced QB. I can't speak to their secondary, but I know they lost a guy or 2.

Days is gone at RB, but Samuel and Hines are very good. They will stress SC's defense.

Season opening games have a tendency to be sloppy and low scoring, and I would think that would favor State and their ability to run the ball against SC's defensive front. I'm not sold that State is very good, but I'm not sold that SC can block anyone, much less a good defensive line.

If I had to guess, I'd give State the edge 24-20.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    SC's history in these opening games has been to win some ugly ones. I think State is solid up front on D, and they have a pretty good, experienced QB. I can't speak to their secondary, but I know they lost a guy or 2.

Days is gone at RB, but Samuel and Hines are very good. They will stress SC's defense.

Season opening games have a tendency to be sloppy and low scoring, and I would think that would favor State and their ability to run the ball against SC's defensive front. I'm not sold that State is very good, but I'm not sold that SC can block anyone, much less a good defensive line.

my thoughts exactly and thinking about taking the points or the under

The Gamecocks roll that ACC team...31-17.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

NC State should roll.

SC's new line coach is the difference in this one! (I hope) Praise the Lort Elliott is gone.

i dont start paying much attention till now...but i thought nc state was supposed to be pretty good this year?
    and I thought usc sucked? If thats the case, how come this is even worth talking about? I see usc is favored? nc state must really suck worse than I thought.

nc state 45
    usc 25

I dont think jake bentley is going to set any records.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    SC's new line coach is the difference in this one! (I hope) Praise the Lort Elliott is gone.
    I do think the line changes made at coach and players may surprise a few folks. The O line is bigger, stronger and has another year experience.
    The JUCO kid Kinlaw on the defensive tackle spot supposedly has been a huge improvement, fast and strong. Coots haven't had a pass rusher in two years
    and are saying Wonnum and Stallworth have been getting after it and now with Skai back.....could see a drastic improvement, We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i dont start paying much attention till now...but i thought nc state was supposed to be pretty good this year?
    and I thought usc sucked? If thats the case, how come this is even worth talking about? I see usc is favored? nc state must really suck worse than I thought.

nc state 45
    usc 25

I dont think jake bentley is going to set any records.
    Gamecocks are the underdog, they are getting points

I am going to have a hell of a time Fri and Sat night up there regardless. That I do know. ;-)

Going to be a tough game for us but interesting I believe. Boozer's score prediction is close in line with my thoughts as well.

It's going to be an interesting match up for sure. Like stated above NCST's front 7 is going to be a force. I'm not very familiar with their secondary but definitely is their weakest link. I'm sure SC will find a way to hit a big play or two that will help them stay in the game. NCST's offense should be pretty good. They return like 8 starters. Like mentioned above they did lose Dayes, but they still have some talent at RB. I don't see SC being able to run the ball very well against that front, but if they are able to capitalize on a few big pass plays, this game should stay close. I agree with the above post. I don't see either team scoring 30. I think NCST covers though and wins by a TD.

The way this game is being discussed reminds me of the time Texas A&M rolled into town back in 2014. Nobody gave TAMU a shot in hell, and we remember how that turned out... Hopefully its good game, and looking forward to watching it.
    Last edited by Fireman; 08-28-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Gamecocks are the underdog, they are getting points
    roger. i thought someone said they were favored.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is the kind of game the Cocks usually win. I have Carolina by 4.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

Clemson spent the whole season last year winning some ugly ones
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid