Thread: Pro Tip: Fish Cleaning When Traveling

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Pro Tip: Fish Cleaning When Traveling

My bro-in-law and I caught a big mess of crappies in Lake Weiss yesterday and didn't get in until late. I picked out 4 that were nice enough to filet and iced them down. I was gonna filet them when I got home. Traffic was bad so I stopped to pee at a nice gas station this side of Atlanta. I topped the tank off then went in to pee. That's when I saw they had a really neat fish cleaning station in the men's room. I went back out to the truck, got my filet knife and grabbed the bag with the fish out of the ice chest.

Went back in and sure enough they had a really nice filet board. It folding down off the wall and it even had a little "seat belt" thing to hold bigger fish for you. I didn't need it for the crappies. I commenced to filet out the fish and several men that came in looked at me like I was crazy. One guy even stood there and watched for a while until I turned around and said, "You ain't never seen a man filet a fish?" He looked at my filet knife and left in a hurry. I hate city slickers! But all that aside it was a nice cleaning station. The only thing missing was a hose to wash of the board. I had to carry handfuls of water from the sink to wash it off and then dry it with paper towels. When I closed it back up it said "Changing Station" on the bottom. I guess that's what Georgia city folk call a fish cleaning station? It worked perfect though. So if you ever got a mess of fish to clean and you have a ways to go find one of them fancy bathrooms and they got a place to do it.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-20-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

good find.
    fish cleaning facilities are becoming harder and harder to come by these days.

and i also (as a side note) notice that people get wierder and wierder the older i get too.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    good find.
    fish cleaning facilities are becoming harder and harder to come by these days.

and i also (as a side note) notice that people get wierder and wierder the older i get too.
    Now here's a man who understands. Thanks!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

You need to Yelp that!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    You need to Yelp that!
    I don't know how to yelp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I don't know how to yelp.
    Well, I don't either. But you have found the end of the interweb at least 3 different times, I'm sure you could figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Well, I don't either. But you have found the end of the interweb at least 3 different times, I'm sure you could figure it out!

Point taken.

Never cleaned fish in a public restroom before but I have cleaned a mess of squirrels. Lol. BJ

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    Never cleaned fish in a public restroom before but I have cleaned a mess of squirrels. Lol. BJ
    So that's what those chrome hooks on the back of toilet stall doors are for. A place to hang your squirrels when you're skinning them. I always wonder why they were there. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-20-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    So that's what those chrome hooks on the back of toilet stall doors are for. A place to hang your squirrels when you're skinning them. I always wonder why they were there. Thanks for the heads up.
    Lol! Yep.