Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gander Mtn CEO tells Trump Supporters Don't Shop at My Stores

He had nothing to do with Gander going out of business. He bought them at auction after they decided to fold. He wants to incorporate Gander Mountain and Overtons, which was a part of the deal, into his Camping World businesses. He owns stake in a lot of businesses but known mostly for Camping World. Do some research on him, and he has been cutthroat in trying to put other rv businesses out of business. He now owns a part of Shulers as well.

What about Dicks's? Aren't they going out of business too? If not they will before long because even though they have a decent variety of goods, they are the worst at putting price tags of any place I've ever shopped. It seems like I have to track down an employee for every item I pick up and ask the price or just gamble at the register.

Isn't Field and Stream also owned by the Dick's dicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Went into the one on 501 the other week because of the "deals" they were running. They had the guns on a "huge" discount. I was looking at a Beretta Silver Pigeon that was marked down, then marked down again. They had the original price on the gun as $2700.00 and it was marked down the $1999.00. Now, I had actually looked at the same gun 6 months ago, I know, it had a slight mark on the stock at the receiver. They wanted $1999.00 for it then too and it wasn't on sale. Looked at some Stradic 6000 FJ's too, they were marked down 40%, except they were only $10.00 below suggested retail. Place has always sucked and always been overpriced.
    I went to the 501 store a couple weeks ago as well, even with all the discounts the vast majority of the guns were the same as most stores regular price. Gander mountain has always been extremely overpriced so it's no surprise to see they went out of business.

The one right off base, here in Illinois had all of their guns 50-60% off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    The one right off base, here in Illinois had all of their guns 50-60% off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and if you check, they probably jacked them up 180-200% before they marked them down. Even if you don't know the normal retail, a quick check on Buds or similar will tell you if they're trying to screw you over.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013