Thread: Arlo Go cameras

Default Arlo Go cameras

Has anyone else tried one of these cameras for wildlife? I recently bought one of these to look over my camp at my hunt club and so far have been very impressed. This camera takes 10 second videos when motion occurs in front of it. It does not need WiFi or an internet connection but works off of cell service. If your phone works in the area, you can pull it up on your phone and watch it live or watch the library of recorded events. You can choose to be emailed or texted when movement is seen. It allows for 2 way conversation, you can hear what is going on as well as talk to someone you see on it. It also has a very loud siren that you can activate from your phone app. It can be hooked up to electricity or use the internal battery. It has capability of using a Micro 32 bit SD card for backup recording. You can choose different plans through Verizon. The plan I have costs $5.00 per month and records to the Cloud where pictures are stored for 7 days. You can get more storage for more cost. I am going to try another one in the woods and see how it does for night pictures. You can buy camo skins for them.

http://arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-...RoCodoQAvD_BwE
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

I'm interested.
    Is yours hooked up to power of running on battery?

Interesting idea. I got my mom the arlo camera system for her house that runs off wifi and she has been very happy with it. One thing I have noticed is that it takes a couple of seconds to wake up. I have her mounted where they will catch someone coming down the walk way.

At $430 bucks a pop, I'd suspect you might be better off with some of the actual trail camera manufacturers. I'm really interested in the cuddeback system that will daisy chain cameras and allow them to be checked on one camera.

Who did you buy them from?

This was where I found them. The white version is 430.

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Mobile-S...arlo%2Bgo&th=1

Verizon in Lexington is selling them for $350.00 but currently out of stock. They are shipping me one free. The one I have now is plugged into an outlet on my camper but has the battery for backup if we lose power there. We recently had a work day and I had to cut it off as I was getting so many alerts. It has picked up every person so far that drives in to our campground. I have it pretty concealed and only one person has noticed it and he will not tell everyone else. They sell camo and other color skins to fit it and even have a ghillie wrap for it. I trust our 15 members but sometimes weird things happen and I want to know what is going on there. I do wish it was 1080p instead of 720p but the resolution is pretty darn good and so far I am very satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that it takes a couple of seconds to wake up. I have her mounted where they will catch someone coming down the walk way.

This part concerns me.

When trucks are pulling into our campground mine starts taking a picture before the truck is fully into the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    This part concerns me.
    This camera could be an upgraded version. I didn't go with the version that has audio, which is the latest and greatest.

And if you are looking for a 10 second video you are probably going to put it on a food plot or corn pile anyway.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 08-17-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Going to check it out, especially if Verizon is selling them. Got a few store credits I have been sitting on.