Thread: Nuclear op-ed

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    eff those fireworks

ha
    Hahahahaha. "Should we move the babies?"

"Nah. They're cool. Light another'n"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I hope the developers take me at my word and don't even drive thru to check it out. I have watched the Lowcountry be whored out most of my life with really shitty planning and zero foresight so you might say I am a little jaded. I work my ass off to support my family, wishes, wants, lifestyle etc but I cannot stomach seeing rural land destroyed for homes, golf courses etc.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Landowners providing their land for public hunting and recreation are due much appreciation from SCDNR and all outdoor enthusiasts. Without these lands, public hunting as provided in this state would be impossible.
    Sportsmen seeing the yellow and black diamond-shaped signs designating WMA boundaries should remember they are hunting as guests of the landowner and be respectful of [B]this privilege[/B].

Landowner .................................................. ....................................... Acres U. S. Forest Service........................................... ............................632,177
    SC Department of Natural Resources..................................234,676
    SC Forestry Commission........................................ ..................... 90,296
    SC Public Service Authority (Santee)....................................... 24,949

Clemson University .................................................. ..................... 11,265
    Department of Energy............................................ ...................... 10,470

American Forest Management........................................ ........... 17,417
    SCPRT .................................................. .................................................. 7,571
    Corps of Engineers (Thurmond Res.).........................................6,50 6
    S.C. Electric & Gas Company .................................................. ....... 5,187
    Timber-Lands L.P............................................... ...............................2,002
    Plum Creek............................................. ............................................4,808
    Catch Mark Timber............................................ .............................. 3,245
    TIAA Timberlands II (Hancock Forest Mgt.) ........................... 4,682
    American Timberland II (RMK)............................................. ........2,751
    Georgia Power Company........................................... .................... 2,814
    Wells Fargo Bank (Brown Trust)............................................ ...... 3,252
    SC Dept. of Commerce .................................................. .................1,675
    SC Public Ser. Auth. (Pee Dee).............................................. ........ 2,755
    Corps of Engineers (Canal)........................................... .................2,465

Knightwood (Hancock Forest Mgt.) ............................................... 476
    Springland, Inc. .................................................. ............................... 1,856
    Duke Energy Progress.......................................... .......................... 1,036
    SC Conf. Bd. of Camps & Retreats .............................................. 1,060
    Duke Energy Carolinas .................................................. ................ 7,443
    York County .................................................. ......................................1,643
    Jordan Properties........................................ ......................................2,474
    Duke Power (ROWs)............................................ .............................1,200
    Thomas Heirs LLC .................................................. ..............................594
    TNC - Ninetimes .................................................. .................................560
    Lavinia B. George Estate............................................ ........................944
    City of Walhalla .................................................. ..................................439
    City of Clinton .................................................. ..................................... 276

Brown Family Partnership....................................... ..........................205
    Commission of Public Works (Greer)........................................... .. 100
    William & Joab Lesesne........................................... ............................ 92
    Vandiviere Properties LLC .................................................. ...............655 J
    ohn and Irene Blackmon.......................................... ....................1,587
    Blue Heron Timber LLC............................................... .......................594
    Naturaland Trust .................................................. ............................ 2,253
    Dorothy Beaty Estate............................................ ..............................557
    The Conservation Fund .................................................. ................1,674

TOTAL .................................................. .......................................1,098,681
    While I'm certainly appreciative of the land provided in the SC WMA program, let's clarify a few tings.
    The total land amount in the WMA program has been pretty close to 103m to 110m acres over the last 15 years or so. I seem to recall at one time back in the 80s or early 90s there was approx. 125m acres in the program.
    Of the total 1,098,681 acres currently listed above, 1,003,107 of those acres (>99%) are owned by the government. The bulk of it is owned by the US Forest Service and SCDNR. As a citizen of the state of SC and the USA I appreciate the public land program and have hunted it extensively for over 30 years but let's make something perfectly clear, it is not a "privilege" for a citizen to hunt government owned property, in fact some folks would find it questionable whether the government should own so much land in the first place. As citizens we should have the freedom to hunt this property and should never let a government bureaucrat ever define a service provided to it's citizens as a "privilege". That's just messed up thinking.

rant over
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-19-2017 at 08:18 AM.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/08/17/...per-on-notice/

https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/08/17/...ith-ultimatum/

Yall trust the same folks who did this, to raise ducks? Trust them to turn the ship around? Trust them protect the resources? I really don't blame too many of the individuals, it's the nature of bureaucratic managment.

It's losing money, 7 billion in the hole, on paper it's worthless. The original post was less than effective at trying to convince folks to keep it. It read like a "top ten reasons to sell the lake".

If this was managed so poorly, what are the chances we are suffering from other mismangments? Anyone ever hunted on privately held waters with public access and had success? I have.

Like i said earlier the best answer is somewhere in between.

But continuing with the same crappy managment, really shouldn't be considered a good thing.

Heck we might not need to worry about it, seems like it might be hard to get rid of the thing. Let that sink in, it's been so poorly managed that we might have to pay someone to take it....you want more of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ...rant over...
    You're right but the point is we don't want that 28,000 acres sold by the state to the highest bidder because the highest bidder will develop it instead of holding it in the public trust.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Everyone complains about development and the sale of lands all the while knowing there exist a dollar figure that will make them eat that self righteousness raw with no seasoning.

Not to mention that I bet they don't live in trees themselves...

It goes something like this...

"Locals only! Damn Yankees. Go back to Ohio!!! What? $15k/acre? I'll have my stuff out by Friday. Enjoy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It goes something like this...

"Locals only! Damn Yankees. Go back to Ohio!!! What? $15k/acre? I'll have my stuff out by Friday. Enjoy!"

You better watch yerself 'fore we send you back to Bama.

In all seriousness I am fine with development when things are done in a prudent and responsible manner but haven't seen much of that in SC. You bring me $15k for my dirt and all my family around me I bet you we would be out like a fat kid in dodgeball just as soon as I can set Up the 1031. But it don't never work that way.
    cut\'em

So sell Santee but keep the WMA's?

Sell Santee and all assets to the highest bidder?

Let Jab manage?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Fuck that noise. Go with Wielicki. I am more interested in the assets...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Fuck that noise. Go with Wielicki. I am more interested in the assets...
    Please say no , David would really screw the pooch.

Duke, though the devil when it comes to WMAs has supported a lot of ecnomic growth, still the devil. The lakes need to remain such that the WMAS are not only in perpetuity but also properly managed period.

If we sell/privatize gov lands, you will see hunter numbers chopped in half quickly. You will then see your hunting rights also chopped in half shortly thereafter. Hunting numbers dropping is the ultimate goal of the leftist and they disquise their efforts in the most canny and sneaky snakey ways ever, Wolf reintro, protect the yote, burn the land beyond standards, purposeful poor managment etc... It all weakens hunter numbers and allows for attacks on gun ownership. IN essence its my true belief that hunting = biggest support for the 2nd. Decrease public land available for hunting =kill hunter numbers = kill hunting heritage=kill support for the 2nd.
    Genesis 9;2

There may come a day where we will all have to get politically involved to keep the WMA's. If it sells we will lose some that is tied to the FERC permit no matter what.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.