Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binoculars for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, be careful and don't get binos that will greatly out perform your scope.
    You'd have to go to some pretty extreme ends for this NOT to be the case. Binocular vision is, was and always will be greater than monocular for field of view and light gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by jwf View Post
    I know they are expensive but cabelas has Lieca 10x42 range finding Binos on sale for $800 off. They would be the last pair you would ever need.
    While these are outstanding binos, and I love mine, if I was going to spend that type of money spend it on Ziess or Swarovski. Their warranty sucks and so does their customer service.
    Not to mention any time you need anything done to them years later, you have to pay. I think I spent $500 last year. With Swarovski or ziess, you don’t.

Go to euro optics and find a used pair, then call and talk to Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

sample list is also a good site to find some demo zeiss or swaro that are marked down pretty significantly
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I just picked up a pair of Zeiss 10 X 42 Terra EDs for $224 from the Gander Mountain closeout. They also had the Steiner Predators for $169
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Zeiss Victory HT 8x42 last year....money well spent. They use Schott HT glass which sets the bar for German glass.

Hunting/Scouting-no matter the species, is more enjoyable with good optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Zeiss 10 X 42 Terra EDs for $224 from the Gander Mountain closeout. They also had the Steiner Predators for $169
    Which location?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Which location?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    North Charleston. I got the last pair of Zeiss but they had 3 pair of Steiners.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Been using the Steiner Predators for 4 years now, can't complain a bit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Y'all got a $3000 scope on a gun that will drive tacks at 1000 yds. Yet you need binoculars to sit in a 5acre food plot wearing face paint. It's a deer ,pattern him and kill him within 20 steps. It's not rocket science.

I got vortex diamondback 10x50. I love them. Dropped out the tripod and hit the ladder on the way down.... they went way out of focus. Vortex held up to warranty. All I had to pay was shipping to them and they repaired them and had them back at my house within 2 weeks. I am very happy with vortex.