Thread: Liquid Lime

Default Liquid Lime

Any real experiences with it? Does it work?

I've heard alot of conflicting stuff about it and never gave it much thought. But someone mentioned it the other day and got me to thinking about it. I've got a first time plot that I know is very acidic. My plan was to plant something pretty basic this year and disc in the lime it at that time. With the intent of raising the ph by summer time. But is it worth spraying the liquid lime to get some help with a fall plot? I'd still spread the lime now as well.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 08-15-2017 at 02:47 PM.

I have only used it once, and in my experience it did raise the PH of the food plot I put it on. It was very short lived though.

With your strategy, you're definitely going to get the biggest long term benefit from the regular lime you put down, but I don't think liquid can hurt
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I have only used it once, and in my experience it did raise the PH of the food plot I put it on. It was very short lived though.

With your strategy, you're definitely going to get the biggest long term benefit from the regular lime you put down, but I don't think liquid can hurt
    Thanks. I assume you spray on the bare dirt at the time of planting?

that's what I did
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004