Thread: 301 taxidermy

Default 301 taxidermy

Thanks Rodney.

Several of us went to Mexico back in May and killed a pile of turkeys. The only thing that limited the slaughter was the depths of our wallets. The more you kill, the more expensive they get so the six of us stopped at 14 dead turkeys.

When it was time to come home, we found out that it's a lot easier to kill turkeys in Mexico than it is to get them back to the house. They ended up stuck in customs in Atlanta for almost to weeks. Finally thanks to a friend of Boozers, customs released them. I was only planning on doing fan mounts on my two birds so when Boozer's buddy offered to do the mounts for me since he already had the birds in hand anyway, I said sure.

When I got the fans, they had been absolutely destroyed in shipping. The left three or four feathers on both fans had been crushed, bent and looked to be maybe even broken.

I called Rodney at 301 Taxidermy and asked if he could help. He didn't make any promises but offered to try. I was hoping that he could at least make one good fan out of the two, but really wasn't expecting much could be done.

I got a text a week later telling me he had managed to save one and was working on the second one. A few days later I got a second text telling me both birds were ready. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

The only problem I had with Rodney's work was the price. He would only let me pay him for his expenses and wouldn't take anything for his time and effort. I should know by now that scducks is full of good folks but Rodney went way beyond anything that I would have expected. Since he wouldn't take my money I figured the least I could do is tell the rest of you what a ood guy he is and that he does excellent work.

Thanks Rodney
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Pictures not working

I know. I'm trying to work on it from this pos phone

Ok. Apparently I am to damn stupid to post photos even with step by step instructions. Somebody let me text them to you and post them for me. Please help a dumbass out

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Thank you kind sir. The photos aren't great but the fans look great in person

Rodney is fine people! Please give him a chance to earn your business if you are in his area.
    Its even worth a reasonable drive if need be.

Dang I promise I'm not all that but thank you very much. Glad I could fix them really surprised how much they turned around. We will kill a couple together this year.