Thread: Tamie House

Default Tamie House

Does anyone have the plans to build a normal johnny house? Only plans I can find seem to be for elaborate mansions. Just want to keep about 20 birds or so for training.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

At one time I had a set from Lion Country Supply. The house I built is 4' x4'. I'll look to see if I still have them somewhere.

Quality Wildlife in GA has a nice design. I don't have the plans but have seen the finished product. I have one that I threw together that is not fancy but functional. I will snap a few pics this evening.

The ones I have seen have looked similar to this.

Make sure you put a bigger door for access for food, water, and cleaning out. Use 1/2 inch hardware cloth for the floor. And raise it off the ground with 4*4 skids to keep it clean and make it easier to move.

Here are a couple pics of mine. I used a plywood bottom and wish I had used hardware cloth. Shavings or straw on one side, sand in the middle, and food/water on the other side. It is roughly 4'x6' and built on 4x4 skids so I can drag it around with the tractor.

IMG_0273.JPGIMG_0272.JPG

Thanks for the pictures and ideas fellas.

What system are you using for water?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm using a vacuum system that I rigged up with PVC. The end is underwater in a stainless bowl that is almost completely covered with a piece of plywood. There is a valve on the bottom of the pipe and the top. I close the valve on the bottom, open the valve on top and fill the pipe. Then I close the valve on top and open the one on the bottom and the vacuum keeps it from running out. I need to add another pipe or go to a larger size. I only get about 4 to 5 days with the system I have now with 25 birds in the box. I think the one I have now is 2".

I still owe you some pics, but my dad bought a prebuilt water and feeder. Not exactly these, but similar.

But you could easily build both from a piece of 4" pvc.

I've used these nipples with chickens and a 5 gallon bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/Oasis-Poultry...oultry+nipples

The suggestion I would make is to make it where you can fill it from outside. It would be easy to add a 45 to the pipe and make this happen. But I do like the way he has his mounted on the door in the video above too.

Finally got her finished and in place. 25 birds for the first go around. Should keep the pointers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk