Thread: Looking to buy a BMW x5 35d

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking to buy a BMW x5 35d

This is of course pointed at KRT, since he's the bimmer man. But anyone who can speak intelligently on the matter please feel free to chime in.

One thing's for certain. This Tahoe is killing me. So I've been shopping hard. Got my heart set on diesel, simply for efficiency and durability with me putting 25k miles on a vehicle a year and all. One thing that's for sure is that the wife will not sign off on me having 2 vehicles. So the truck + commuter car idea is dead. Gotta have a daily driver that can tow a jon boat. I wanted an Audi q7 TDI, but the whole dieselgate scandal screwed me. The TDI q7's that the EPA allowed to stay on the road (2013+) are too new for me to afford. The other diesel options that are not a 3/4 truck are too new and once again out of my budget.

So I can get a BMW x5 35d in the 2010-2012 range and stay around $15k or under. I've done some reading on common issues, and all seem to be pretty normal stuff that you'll get with just about any vehicle.

Any things I should look for specifically when shopping?
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft