Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
My client was moving from one nuke facility to another. Same field of work, same occupation, different location. A+ credit. He won't default on his loan, he'll be employed in another state in 30 days or less. I just think it was reckless on the employers part (SCE&G) to verify his employment to receive a loan if they knew the project was being abandoned. His first day of work he was there 4 hours and received 6 months severance. Crazy.

I had tenants that worked at the plant. I've heard about the waste for the last few years. Building $47 million dollar mock ups and then tear em down for the scrap mill and then build another $47 million dollar final copy. I had one fella that said it was like walking around with his pockets opened up and someone stuffing money into them.

The truly skilled labor are already on other nuke sites or gas and oil sites. Their lifestyle won't change at all. They are nomads that work outages and will continue to make serious coin for their efforts. If folks are willing to travel, live in a camper / hotel and earn the right credentials there is serious $ that can be made out there. They are paid for their skill in their respected field as well as their sacrifice given that many leave homes and families behind.

The bottom line: SC residents have been fleeced.
And your stories are the small stuff...