Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping in..

Sleep when you are dead.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

i like to sleep in until around 3 on the weekdays
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    when I wake, my mind immediately starts running on things.
    I'm the same exact way. Not even stressful things, just things in general, random things.

I don't know how to make it go away, but those things wake and keep me up.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I'm the same exact way. Not even stressful things, just things in general, random things.

I don't know how to make it go away, but those things wake and keep me up.
    Shit_Pile, it's pretty damn simple. You deal with those issues before bedtime and refuse to allow them any time at ALL during the night. The day before, or the next day allows plenty of time to address such crap. If I wake up during the night I'm either thinking about a hunting trip or getting laid. Those are okay to have.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 08-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

You must think about hunting a lot then.

Go back to bed you old fart.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Default Sleeping in..

Yea, let's listen to this weird old bastard about anything related to sleep.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-11-2017 at 11:32 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Or anything related to....well....anything
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Your body is just getting ready for fall activities!
    867-5309

You gotta sleep to make those muscles grow and get that test level up
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

it seems the more I move and do, the less sleep I need. the time that I do sleep is usually very heavy. 4am a few days a week before 6 the rest. never in bed before 11. I gots stuff to do.

I could sleep till noon every day if my kids or schedule would let me
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

10-6 or 11-7 most nights.

Sucks to be y'all.

Get in the big spoon position, reach over and get a grip on that bottom booby and let the sand man do the rest.

Not so much as a time for me but hours slept. Of course I do work swing shifts so might be on days or nights just depeneding on swing. I sleep max 5hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Not sure what has changed but I'll be damned if I can sleep past 7am anymore. Don't care how late I stay up the night before, I'm usually awake staring at the ceiling by 6:15. This week has been extra rare in that I've been awake by 5am every day.
    I don't know whether to be excited about getting to see sunrises or pissed off because I'm tired.

I think I'm too young to be like the old men who wake up early. Or am I just getting like the old men?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. I used to fight it, get pissed off about it, try to force myself to go back to sleep, yada yada yada. I've come to where I embrace it, I just jump up and get my day started a little earlier. I've even come to enjoy going in to work before anybody else shows up, we get busy, or it gets so hot. It sucks, because I'm salaried and I sometimes donate a few hours to the company, but I feel better than when I stared at the ceiling for an hour or two every morning.

Once you're up, it makes about zero sense to try and force yourself to go back to sleep. Even if you did doze off again it's not sleep that's deep enough to benefit yout body or brain in any way, so you might as well just get up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-12-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post

Sleep is for the weak.
    Experience long term sleep deprivation and lemme know how that works for ya. Try going on 4hrs, +/- an hour here and there, of sleep for almost 2 years then let me know if you have the same outlook.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Here is my best saying " If something is going to happen, It'll happen regardless and there isn't anything thinking will help other wise"
    When I leave work, work stays at work, an I do a great job of that even with emails coming through 24/7. Other than that, I live better than I deserve so I don't think about much other than building this friggin house..
    Wife gets mad for my lack of worrying, but I say my faith is that strong.
    But I can sleep for however long I like, and my wife is the same, she loves to sleep. Usually fall asleep when I'm ready and not think to death.
    29 and no kids lol
    Last edited by dhall1693; 08-12-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Chronic sleep deprivation will do strange things to your mind and body. Weekdays I'm waking up around 5-530 bc that's when I have to be up and I think my body is used to it. Past 2 months I've been working crazy hours, and if I nap even for 20 minutes, I'm hitting VERY DEEP sleep- like waking up having no idea what galaxy im in kinda deep. Used to sit and toss and turn before sleep- now my head hits the pillow and I am OUT. If I get a call about a patient in the middle of the night, I'm able to usually be awake enough for proper thinking in 10-15 seconds. Damn problem is I can't go back to sleep after. I know there's a lot of you that only need 4-5 hours, but if I could get 9 a night instead of 5-6, I'd love it.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability