Bible Study Verse
I Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (NIV)

Thoughts
Conservation groups maintain and record the detailed measurements and weights of world record harvests. They specify the scoring criteria and stipulate rules and regulations on the game we pursue.

While some of us only chase world records, most realize that taking a record fish or animal is merely a byproduct from the challenge of the pursuit. Nevertheless, we adhere to those specific rules and guidelines set before us; a system by which we recognize as an ethical benchmark of success in the field.
(Will D)

Action Point
The world's system used to record man's earthly successes is a bit different. Its criterion measures things like the size of our house, our bank account, or the kind of vehicle we drive - usually without regard of rules, ethics, or fair chase.

God doesn't use that system. His is a Heavenly one. Only the heart is measured. He keeps no record of where it's been nor what it's said, thought, or done. His standard begins with and relies on simple faith, one found in and through His son Jesus Christ. Are you His world record trophy?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
There are many groups that promote game conservation and seek the best for our resources. Investigate them carefully. Make sure they carry out what they sell and promote. Support the ones that do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk