Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in..

Default Sleeping in..

Not sure what has changed but I'll be damned if I can sleep past 7am anymore. Don't care how late I stay up the night before, I'm usually awake staring at the ceiling by 6:15. This week has been extra rare in that I've been awake by 5am every day.
    I don't know whether to be excited about getting to see sunrises or pissed off because I'm tired.

I think I'm too young to be like the old men who wake up early. Or am I just getting like the old men?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

5:00AM for me pretty much all the time.

About 4:00am three days a week when I have to Pee.

It comes with age!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Exact opposite for me for some reason. The older I get the more I want to sleep in.

Take a Cyclobenzaprine about 11:00 pm. Sleep till noon.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Sleep is for the weak. I got stuff to do.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Take a Cyclobenzaprine about 11:00 pm. Sleep till noon.
    Had to look that one up. I've taken those on one occasion when I tweaked my back. They never really made me sleep.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

My doctor gave me a 15 day supply for back spasms. I took one, and at 3:00 pm the next day I still felt hung over. I flushed the other 29 pills down the toilet.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

20 years old and im awake before 7 everyday... doesnt matter if i go to sleep at 4am im waking up before 7.

Sleep is for the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    My doctor gave me a 15 day supply for back spasms. I took one, and at 3:00 pm the next day I still felt hung over. I flushed the other 29 pills down the toilet.
    One more thing to add to the water supply. So now we are gonna have antibiotic resistant super bugs that can really move bing they are on muscle relaxers.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

No matter what time I go to bed, I am up by 6 AM almost every day. This week it been more like 5 AM. Must be full moon this week. It seemed awful bright outside the last couple morning. I think its just part of getting older and too much on my mind.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    It comes with age!
    This here. Started for me abt age 35. Was awful at first. Now I rather enjoy it.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

4:45-5:00 during the week. Up by 6:00 on the weekends, earlier if I have something to do. Never have been able to sleep in. Too many hobbies and projects.

Im a 4:20am during the week and 6-6:30 on the weekend kinda guy. Wife and kids were out of town last weekend and woke up saturday morning at 10:30 like wtf just happened. Felt like crap the whole day.

I'm usually awake by 7:00 or whenever the sun lights up my bedroom. No reason to lay in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Not sure what has changed but I'll be damned if I can sleep past 7am anymore. Don't care how late I stay up the night before, I'm usually awake staring at the ceiling by 6:15. This week has been extra rare in that I've been awake by 5am every day.
    I don't know whether to be excited about getting to see sunrises or pissed off because I'm tired.

I think I'm too young to be like the old men who wake up early. Or am I just getting like the old men?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you, hell I can not sleep past 6am no matter how late I stay up .

We are on vacation this week and I am at the IOP Marina every am drinking coffee while rest of family is sound asleep

With that said I am not a night person either, if I get still at night I am GONE

My daily goals are ~Sleep 9-5...hunt from 6-10 and work/play 11-7
    Windows Down!

How's your stress level?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    How's your stress level?
    Me? Probably around average. But I have noticed that when I wake, my mind immediately starts running on things.

I swear the young folks of today have turned into some really pussies. I'm soon to be 59, go to bed no earlier than 10 and am up every morning around 4:30 or 5, and I get to set my on schedule. I can't imaging sleeping in to 7, take your panties off and get with it. Just damn!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.