Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post

Another note: deer must be tagged until deboned OR quartered.
    Is this written somewhere. I tried to find it on the SCDNR website and must have read over it.

If I quarter up three deer and take to processor and the warden is sitting there, what happens? Do I need to keep the tags that I used? Ducks you have to keep one wing attached for ID, how will this work for deer?

Corrected..found it.

"A deer only has to be tagged from the point of kill until it is processed and cut up. That means that it needs to be tagged in the field where you harvest it and remain tagged during transport and if it is being hung whole in a cooler (hide on or skinned & gutted). Once you start cutting it into quarters or parts or boning it out and it’s no longer a whole skinned carcass, the tagging requirement goes away. At that point, it is meat and no longer a deer carcass and does not need a tag. However, if you are transporting those parts to a processor, it would probably be a good idea, even though it’s not required, to have the tag(s) with the meat. It will make the processor feel better and may save you some time and questions if you encounter a law enforcement officer along the way."

Last part makes me wonder if all the officers know?
    Last edited by TJ_11; 08-13-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Is this written somewhere. I tried to find it on the SCDNR website and must have read over it.

If I quarter up three deer and take to processor and the warden is sitting there, what happens? Do I need to keep the tags that I used? Ducks you have to keep one wing attached for ID, how will this work for deer?
    I don't know where it is written.. it was brought up to me when I called for clarification on transporting another person's tagged deer. I was told I could process untagged, quartered deer.

I know the agents working my shop's area are being very accommodating this first season and very willing to work with me and my customers. I think as long as you aren't trying to do something wrong you will have no real issues.

I possibly dreamed seeing something about not having another person's tags in your possession but if not I am pretty certain DNR would not want someone to use another person's tags. I am certain that CR told me it would result in a ticket. I am certain that I have NEVER in my life nor have I EVER know anyone to be checked by a DNR officer at the point of kill. Most of the time, the checking of a tag will occur in a vehicle. More than likely at a deer processor or while leaving a piece of property.
    So, I drive up to the processor and "Bubba" from across the county is dropping a deer off that has "Billy's" tag on it. Billy doesn't deer hunt so Bubba decided to use Billy's tags for him since Bubba has to kill 20 deer a year. I am dropping off a deer for my daughter which has her tag on it. How will the DNR officer know that the deer I am dropping off is perfectly legal and was harvested by the tag owner but that the deer Bubba is dropping off is illegal, was not shot by Billy and is actually Bubba's 9th buck of the season?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

#FTSLIFE...

\"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You know what? Fuck this shit...
    kinda what I've been thinking.....

If my son shoots a buck...and its a school night....he isnt riding with me to the processor.

Pretty simple/
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    The rear bumper would drag when you hit a bump
    Use my Dodge. Won't have that problem.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You know what? Fuck this shit...
    My thoughts exactly...

Everybody's got a cell phone take a quick pic with said legal tag owner just to be safe and take it to the processor. Only solution that I can think of right of the top of my head

Those cute pink doe tags with one date on them are gonna convince some itchy trigger fingers in the woods this fall if I had to guess also

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    If that's the case, it's never been enforced. We have thanksgiving and end of year hunts where Lots of deer die. Wouldn't be anything to see a truck ride by with 20-30 deer in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    did it many times and never knew it was illegal- that's govt bullshit
    My cousin was wrote a warning for it.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Everybody's got a cell phone take a quick pic with said legal tag owner just to be safe and take it to the processor. Only solution that I can think of right of the top of my head
    That's not a bad idea at all in this instance.

If its tagged (yours or not), you will have no problems with LEO!
    When you quarter, skin, etc tags are no longer required.
    BUT, be smart....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE