Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kubota MX5200 HST any opinions

I have a MX4700 with HST and absolutely love it. I do not understand how anyone would not like the HST. I had a Massey 35 HP before and hated having to change gears when in tight spots. It is so much easier than before. Kubotas do bounce more than the Massey. Two things that I bought that I love are a Piranha tooth bar to attach to the front end loader. This thing is the cat's meow for ripping 3-4" saplings out of the ground roots and all. It is made in NC by some great people and not too expensive. The other thing is the Pat's Quick Hitch fro Northern Tool that works fantastic and has cut one man hookups to very little time.
    http://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...wF8BoC1bDw_wcB
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Thanks for all the responses, lots of good info. I've learned that Kubota in general is a good choice and HST is a personal preference (while you do lose some HP).

That hst will run circles around a geared tractor doing loader work. Its maneuverability while bushhogging is nice. Rarely do i touch the brake pedal or clutch on my hst. If i was plowing straight lines all day then geared would be prefferred. But for an all around tractor the hst wins.

Quote Originally Posted by camotoon60 View Post
    That hst will run circles around a geared tractor doing loader work. Its maneuverability while bushhogging is nice. Rarely do i touch the brake pedal or clutch on my hst. If i was plowing straight lines all day then geared would be prefferred. But for an all around tractor the hst wins.
    I'd have to agree. I just went to one myself and I still find myself reaching for the shifter. But the maneuverabilty is something you will quickly enjoy.

There is very little noticeable HP loss. People who complain about HST have apparently not spent very much time with them. I have used every gearing type and love my HST, even more so during loader use.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.