Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Practice Challenge.....

Default Practice Challenge.....

You've probably all been practicing to get ready for hunting season for a while. You may or may not get bored with the repetition. I get bored with shooting at spots pretty quick and got this idea from a podcast and have been doing it for about a week now. It's fun.

Shoot one shot, cold. No warmup, no nothing. Just grab your bow and shoot one shot at a target, just like you'd do at the end of September when the deer you've been hunting steps out and you haven't shot your bow in 3 or 4 days because you've been doing nothing but hunting and haven't practiced. I've been shooting my Rinehart deer because I leave it out all the time in the same place and it's convenient. It tells me every day if I'd have killed the deer with my 1 shot. It's been pretty entertaining. I gut shot his ass at 45 yards this morning before I left for work. Pissed me off. Lol.

The key is doing it aside from your normal practice. There's no point in doing it after you've shot 25 or 30 arrows and are in a groove. I usually shoot before I leave for work, but sometimes right before my regular practice with my block target.

Vary your yardages, angles, etc. post a pic, even when you make a shitty shot so everybody can ridicule you. It'll be entertaining if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I do that a lot...I also randomly sit down in a chair as opposed to standing etc

Ill throw arrows all over the yard.. walk around and shoot them when you pick them up. Makes for good way to vary yardages and different angles.

Whatever yall do the key is practice. I frigging hate bow hunting but I have to use it from sept. 15th thru Oct 1. Practice and practice some more. Those things are wicked deadly when you hit them right. They normally rub no more than fifty yards. It hurts your soul to hit one bad and watch it hobble off and never recover it....oh yeah, throw away those dumb ass expendables a get you some muzzy 100 graiimn fixed blades. You will always get a pass thru with them. You can shoot thru both shoulders and still have pull it out the ground. You use them dumb ass expendables a d you'll watch him run off with half the arrow hanging out the front.

I have done this before and it helped. I also like to set a one minute timer. I draw and hold at full draw till timer goes off and then make my shot. If you do this a good bit you will be surprised how your shot stabilization gets better. Face it it's not a perfect world. Sometimes you have to stay at full draw a while before being able to shoot.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-08-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Ctop bumpin coke on a Tuesday

Take your rage, spitfires, robo blades, etc and throw em in the trash.....thank me later.

I'll shoot 3 arrows, then run out grab em and run back as fast as I can to get my breathing inconsistent like that of a shotmopportunity. I'll do this for 10 minutes straight, getting my body used to times of frustration and buck fever.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Ill throw arrows all over the yard.. walk around and shoot them when you pick them up. Makes for good way to vary yardages and different angles.
    I do that as well.

I make sure I spend a lot of time shooting while sitting down since I don't normally stand up to shoot a deer. I also mainly practice at 40-60 yards.

$50 says cotton has made a line with a broad head before.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    And snorted it thru an arrow shaft

45 yards. A little high and forward.

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

do you people practice with your rifles this much?

I know i'm "that guy" but shooting a compound is like shooting a scoped rifle....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don't know why I even had a hope that this thread would actually take its intended course.

CT and Toof......two peas in a pod.

thats just plain hurtful
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    45 yards. A little high and forward.

Do you broadheads fly like your field points?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    do you people practice with your rifles this much?

I know i'm "that guy" but shooting a compound is like shooting a scoped rifle....
    I was thinking the same thing. I pick mine up the week before the season and shoot a few arrows. If everything feels good then i'm ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebeard View Post
    And snorted it thru an arrow shaft
    Is that frowned upon?

Feets check pm
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Do you broadheads fly like your field points?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    Feets check pm
    Got it. Holla