Thread: Aftermarket tractor canopy?

Default Aftermarket tractor canopy?

I am looking for a canopy for a 5000 series John Deere. I've been warned that fiberglass ones break and metal is better. I use the tractor in the woods a lot and need something tough and ideally easily removable. I appreciate it if some of you farm boys could impart some wisdom.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Find a used golf cart top and make some brackets to bolt it onto the rops. I put one on my kubota and installed an electric radiator fan under it and boy what a difference it makes.

Golf cart top works great and cheap like he said
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    Golf cart top works great and cheap like he said
    I built this with a cart roof, then added a 12 volt radiator fan. The fan doesn't do much for the heat unless you are sitting still, but it will help with the dust from a bush hog.

IMG_1160.JPG
    Last edited by bigtimeduckhunter; 08-07-2017 at 01:31 PM.

That's a pretty good idea. Ever considered cutting the top to allow more airflow through the fan?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlmouth30 View Post
    That's a pretty good idea. Ever considered cutting the top to allow more airflow through the fan?
    I had some spacers between the fan and top, but it brought the fan too close to your head and would hit on big bumps. It moves plenty of air that way, just not enough room.

Ride to Blanchard (formerly Dorchester Tractor) in St. George and get a diamond plate one. You'll never have any problem with it.

I saw some on Craigslists a few weeks back. Guy had tons of them. Fiberglass I think. I did a search but couldn't find them so the ad might have expired. But might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Ride to Blanchard (formerly Dorchester Tractor) in St. George and get a diamond plate one. You'll never have any problem with it.
    I would call another dealer group and price check them before I made that purchase.
    Last edited by Southernduck; 08-07-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I saw some on Craigslists a few weeks back. Guy had tons of them. Fiberglass I think. I did a search but couldn't find them so the ad might have expired. But might be worth keeping an eye out for.

I too saw the same add but couldn't find it again today
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid