Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NWTF Organization Changes and Layoffs ? ? ?

Prayers sent...Lets hope God answers the call...

Refraining from negative comments about NWTF is pretty darned positive for me these days. I've seldom seen you being that positive, but I do respect it and that there are real people involved in both ways. Yep, they all need prayer. NWTF really needed to find a way to hunker down and focus, but chose the opposite path and there is a price to pay for it, I'm afraid. It's been a tough situation for 25 years.

Let's try it this way. I really want to understand what is going on. Do we see a chance of anything smaller and more focused rising from the ashes? The state chapters still have my respect in many ways, but are at the mercy of Edgefield. There ARE/WERE good folks there, but I don't see them in the leadership roles. Educate me via PM if necessary, but give me some insight or I have to see it in less than positive ways.

I ain't gonna learn a darned thing, am I?

If you're asking if the turkey federation is gonna rise from the ashes like a pheonix and be renamed the NWPF the answer is "most likely".

Default NWTF Organization Changes and Layoffs ? ? ?

What did NWTF do when put on the spot about changing the limits in SC, large scale burning? You mean we're the home state the organization and we rely on the guestimations of our DNR for our reductions in turkey population......where the hell was NWTF? They couldn't have offered help with surveys? Same with the burning. Not a bit of significant research for turkeys for 30 years in the home state of an organization is flat out bullshit.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-03-2017 at 09:50 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

That's a start. Thanks. I won't even think about what that stands for, but that's more like you, Sportin'.
    Last edited by Tuffy; 08-03-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    What did NWTF do when put on the spot about changing the limits in SC, large scale burning? You mean we're the home state the organization and we rely on the guestimations of our DNR for our reductions in turkey population......where the hell was NWTF? They couldn't have offered help with surveys? Same with the burning. Not a bit of significant research for turkeys for 30 years in the home state of an organization is flat out bullshit.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    That's a start. Thanks. I won't even think about what that stands for, but that's more like you, Sportin'.
    I'll give you a hint. It's not dicks.

I interviewed there twice in 20 years. First time I was fresh out of school and figured they chose somebody with more experience. Second time I realized that they hired a woman from the city who had never hunted turkeys to run the communications/marketing program. That's when I wrote them off as nothing more than a brand. They are the Yeti of non-profit conservationalists. They have as much to do with wildlife conservation and management as Al Gore does with saving the planet. I could give two shits about the future of that group of turds and would sooner quit my thunder chicken addiction than give them a plug nickel.

Fug em positively

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Well said.
    I'll give you a hint. It's not dicks.

Yea because dicks doesn't start with a P.

Still waiting for some genuine info about what is going on at NWTF. PM me if you don't want to post about it, please.

Best I can make of it is that they reduced their staff by about 16 with retirements and lower-level staff reductions. Their goal seems to be to make some financial adjustments before the start of their next fiscal year on September 1. I think the Aiken newspaper will soon be the first source of any published news about it.

CC. I've thought well of a number of folks at NWTF, but was very disappointed in their stance, or lack of, on several issues that you mentioned.

The ones that care have been booted, kno dat! The ones that keep oiling the money machine are still there!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

The layoffs had nothing to do with retirement or "low level" positions. Some damn good people were told to hit the door. The "retirements" were forced. She's cleaning house, ridding the org of anyone that doesn't follow along lock step with her or anybody she perceives as a threat. There's still some good people there, but moral is pretty damn low among them.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Exactly!

They have some issues; that's for sure. I really want to see them stand up for the wild turkey much better, but am a little pessimistic about it happening. There are some opportunities, but ........ I think it is going to have to crash first. The administrative and operational overhead isn't going to allow for much except commercial deals and government money, I'm afraid. Hope they can prove me wrong, but it's going to take some changes.

Changes at the very top need to happen first.

How about putting the choice for CEO up for a vote? By the paying members, just like they do for the board of directors positions.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I suspect the salary for some of those will be pretty good as long as the jobs last.......