Thread: retriver training

Default retriver training

Looking for some training books. What do you guys suggest. My old dog is almost 9 and the website that I read and got a lot of info from I cant find now. So any websites you guys use would be great also. Have a new pup that I am ready to start training.

I'm by no means a professional and I don't do hunt test or field trials. I just wanted an obedient dog that would pick up my birds for me. Dokkins Retriever Training was a great foundation especially for obedience. Once my dog was around 5-6 months I started using the Wildrose Way book. There is a lot of stuff in there that I didn't use but there's also a lot of info and tips that I never would have thought. My one regret is not having the Wildrose book from the start so that I would've known to work on maintaining eye contact.

Like I said, I am by no means a veteran at this but I think I have done pretty well with my dog. It might be more the dog, than me, but I plan on going the same route with the next one.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I'm the same way. I have only trained my springer. And that's all I wanted was a good dog that would pick up dead birds. This time I just want to do a little better on certain things.

I am using Smartwork by Evan Graham. Pup is only 15 weeks but so far I am happy with the program.

I have the entire swartworks prog I will let go for 150 it's all the dvds and books

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I have the entire swartworks prog I will let go for 150 it's all the dvds and books
    Really great deal and really wish this would have been posted about 2 months ago.
    Last edited by thms85; 08-03-2017 at 01:31 PM.

If Thawacker doens't want it, let me know.

Go with the smart works books and dvd's
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Great deal here.