Thread: Belle isle

Default Belle isle

I'm hearing through channels that permits have been obtained to construct a jetty to minimize runoff to entranceway to marina. Anyone else know about the validity of this??

Dunno about that but I was down there last year and heard something about them having consulted with some engineers about it. I normally stay there 2-3 times a year but haven't at all this year. Can you even get in and out of there now? Last year it got pretty skinny anywhere around low tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of hours on either side of high this summer is about all you got and that was coming in hard with the trim high. They have been talking to the right people though so hopefully something happens.
    Last edited by CUTigerRY; 08-01-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Been a problem for years and I hope they can do something. We used to fish a billfish tourney outa there way long time ago. Had 2 places down there along time ago too and miss it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Poor battry white is silted in with no future promise of fixing as far as I know

i am just picturing chevy chase strolling between the row of oaks with a bluebird on his shoulder....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Our families go back for hundreds of years, your grandparents owned my grandparents, and that's how it all started.

that is two+ minutes of awesomeness right there....

My first dog was named Fletch. My current one is named Chase. Not sure what #3 will be....

Irwin doesn't really have the same ring to it...

They are supposed to fix it... Has been the mantra for the last 4-5 years. They dredged it once but it filled back within the year. The marina has a dredge boat at the dock, but poor management of resources saw that it never got run.

Hopefully, if they do something, it will be a more permanent fix and they can get some more big boats back in there.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

The latest I heard was that there were studies being done to determine a more permanent or sustainable fix. If they can get it fixed and get the marina, gas docks, and restaurant running again then it should pay for itself. Love going down and love to fish but its a pain in rear when you can't get your boat in and out when you need to.

Was down yesterday working on my dad's boat trailer, we good high tide and had water to launch but as stated before, it gets skinny quick.

I hope it happens for the marina and the people/boats down there. The new finger docks and lifts were a great setup for a few years but now it isn't fun having to trailer to South Island to launch, then into town for fuel.