Thread: Found>>>>stolen rifle!!!!

Default Found>>>>stolen rifle!!!!

A stolen Remington 700 with black synthetic stock and a Nikkon scope (I think...hard to tell from pictures)...was just discovered in a bedroom closet in my house in Columbia as it was being cleaned (been empty for over a month). The Cops were called, and they ran the serial number and determined that it was reported stolen and they have taken it to the department. I don't know how well they do as far as running down the owner and getting the gun back to them, but hopefully, they will get it done in short order. Just wanted to post this up in case it is yours, you can call me for the skinny. It was found in Shandon, and I doubt it came from too far away...who knows. If you recently got robbed of such a gun, PM me and give the CPD a buzz.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

22-250?

Does this make you accountable any since it was your property? Just curious.
    Non Supporting Member

ADL? 270 ? Nikon 3.5-10x50?
    Had one stolen around 2005... first rifle I bought with my own money & killed my first handful of deer with...

Y'all...I have no clue. The girl freaked out and called cops then us. I tried to get my dad over there prior to cops so he could get info on it. She took a picture...wouldn't touch it. Shitty pic, but I could tell model and brand of scope. Supposedly, one of the last tenants said his roommate had a gun there that was his aunts gun, but they have been gone for over a month now. The lady dealing with the house said it was not there three weeks ago when she did a walk through, but I've caught her telling half truths and complete lies to us in the past and I'm not at all confident that she even made said walk through. So, it may be the other tenant's aunts gun that she bought at some sketchy pawn shop or bought off billy bobs brother in law...might be the tennent stole it awhile back and was BSing his roommates about the aunt...might be that the tennant has his aunts gun and some fuckchop has been breaking in and living in our house and robbing people in the area and using our house to stash stuff till he can move it. Who knows. As for me being responsible in any way...you'd think not, but we paid for Chelsea Manning's sex change, Canada just made a terrorist murderer a multi-millionaire because he was waterboarded, the NYPD will arrest folks for selling single cigarettes but can't arrest lewd, nude panhandlers in Times Square because they are illegal immigrants, and it all started with a woman getting rich because the coffee she spilt in her lap was hot...so who knows. They may be coming to arrest me tomorrow for all I freaking know! If you think the gun might be yours, call whichever PD would handle Shandon around Harden where half moon outfitters is (maybe used to be...haven't been there in a while). Good luck to those who think it may be theirs.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 07-31-2017 at 07:50 PM.

You'll be fine whitewater. If the cops try to arrest you tell them that this gun couldn't have been stolen and stashed in a
    Nicer landlords rental property.

No Shit. Chill. Life is SHORT
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Y'all...I have no clue. The girl freaked out and called cops then us. I tried to get my dad over there prior to cops so he could get info on it. She took a picture...wouldn't touch it. Shitty pic, but I could tell model and brand of scope. Supposedly, one of the last tenants said his roommate had a gun there that was his aunts gun, but they have been gone for over a month now. The lady dealing with the house said it was not there three weeks ago when she did a walk through, but I've caught her telling half truths and complete lies to us in the past and I'm not at all confident that she even made said walk through. So, it may be the other tenant's aunts gun that she bought at some sketchy pawn shop or bought off billy bobs brother in law...might be the tennent stole it awhile back and was BSing his roommates about the aunt...might be that the tennant has his aunts gun and some fuckchop has been breaking in and living in our house and robbing people in the area and using our house to stash stuff till he can move it. Who knows. As for me being responsible in any way...you'd think not, but we paid for Chelsea Manning's sex change, Canada just made a terrorist murderer a multi-millionaire because he was waterboarded, the NYPD will arrest folks for selling single cigarettes but can't arrest lewd, nude panhandlers in Times Square because they are illegal immigrants, and it all started with a woman getting rich because the coffee she spilt in her lap was hot...so who knows. They may be coming to arrest me tomorrow for all I freaking know! If you think the gun might be yours, call whichever PD would handle Shandon around Harden where half moon outfitters is (maybe used to be...haven't been there in a while). Good luck to those who think it may be theirs.
    Epic post.

confusion at every turn

That would be South Region, 2132 Devine St. If the cops ran it and it came back stolen, they should have the name and phone of the person who reported it stolen. If they didn't it would be tagged in as found property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i hear ya WWD. rant on, dude.

shandon sucks. its amazing the change that happens to all places but its pretty striking in shandon. what used to be a cute little neighborhood (albeit full of liberal professor types) got overrun by college kids whose mommy and daddy couldnt imagine them living in a (gasp) DORM ROOM. that started the spiral that honestly began with people not taking care of their houses/yards/etc. Now, its a hot bed for thugs. You wouldnt believe the number of stories I hear every day about people's cars getting broken into, etc.

I of course blame it all on cell phones.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Sig worthy
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

That McDonald's coffee case is interesting.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

I can tell you if it's found in the state of Illinois stolen, they wont ship it too you even though it was yours.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I don't believe I'd have posted any of this if I owned that house.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hear ya WWD. rant on, dude.

shandon sucks. its amazing the change that happens to all places but its pretty striking in shandon. what used to be a cute little neighborhood (albeit full of liberal professor types) got overrun by college kids whose mommy and daddy couldnt imagine them living in a (gasp) DORM ROOM. that started the spiral that honestly began with people not taking care of their houses/yards/etc. Now, its a hot bed for thugs. You wouldnt believe the number of stories I hear every day about people's cars getting broken into, etc.

I of course blame it all on cell phones.
    I don't think the type of residents has anything to do with the break-ins, just easy access on all four sides and big open escape routes.
    Last edited by murraywader; 08-01-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have, but when we lived there, we got robbed several times, and I always hoped I'd get my stuff back. We couldn't sell when we first moved due to buying on the bubble right before it popped, so we let a "friend" hard on his luck there a while until we figured out he was screwing us and trashing the place. We then got some renters in. We are finally in a position to sell with the market coming back and the principle being paid down. After much confusion, the roommate was reached, and it definitely his gun his uncle bought him. He is in Finland fishing and will meet with po po when he returns to get it all worked out...that said, I have no idea why the officer told me the gun was reported stolen if it was not. I called them to discuss and let them know the guy was claiming it as his and to let them know he would be coming to talk with them in three weeks, and the cop I talked to didn't know about it, didn't care about it, and didn't want to figure it out or get to caring about it. All I know is that it has been claimed and I'm out.

Maybe a crooked cop, it's stolen, i will take it for evidence? Needed a new deer rifle maybe.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I woulda bought that thing. Only if you posted on the TP of course.