Thread: Clinton State Dept Employee Charged

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Clinton State Dept Employee Charged

Wonder why we haven't heard about this one? Collusion anyone?

State Department employee charged after having secret contact with Chinese operatives

The Justice Department on Wednesday announced charges against a State Department employee who prosecutors said failed to disclose contact she had with Chinese intelligence agents and accepted gifts from the agents — ranging from cash to a laptop computer to a fully furnished apartment.

Candace Marie Claiborne, 60, is charged with the felony offenses of obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements to the FBI. Prosecutors said the charges stem from her attempts to conceal numerous contacts she had with intelligence agents spanning back five years.

“Candace Marie Claiborne is a U.S. State Department employee who possesses a Top Secret security clearance and allegedly failed to report her contacts with Chinese foreign intelligence agents who provided her with thousands of dollars of gifts and benefits,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security Mary B. McCord. “Claiborne used her position and her access to sensitive diplomatic data for personal profit.”

Ms. Claiborne, who began working for the State Department in 1999, was required as part of her job to report any contacts with people who were believed to be members of foreign intelligence.

But prosecutors said Ms. Claiborne did not report repeated contacts with two agents, or the tens of thousands of dollars in gifts that she and her family were provided.

According to an affidavit filed in the case, the gifts included: cash wired to Ms. Claiborne’s bank account, an Apple iPhone and laptop computer, Chinese New Year’s gifts, meals, international travel and vacations, tuition at a Chinese fashion school, a fully furnished apartment, and a monthly stipend.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I feel certain there'll be more to come. The adults are back in charge.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I wonder what kind of tragic accident she is going to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The adults are back in charge.
    Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Trump?
    Yep but his appointees too.

The Trump persona that is most visible is, admittedly, petty and vindictive yet, by all accounts, he is selfless and caring when the cameras aren't rolling. This is just the opposite of the Clintons and most other Democrats.

I can't prove it but it seems to me Trump's public behavior is learned as a way of dealing with his fame and wealth. It takes a lot less work to respond to someone calling you stupid than someone calling for money or time.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 07-27-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.