Thread: Hightide ladder suggestions?

Default Hightide ladder suggestions?

Looking for sudgestions on a ladder for my 1602 side console hightide for the kids to climb in and out the boat when anchored up. The back of the boat isn't ideal with, soon to be rim tabs and a rod rack across the back for drift fishing. I need it to be in the side or bow if anyone has done something like this let me know.

I got this for my Jon boat. I had to modify it a little because there's not much of a gunwale to work with on a Jon boat but I think it would work good on a Hightide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like it'll work, May try to find an retractable setup to save space.

Figure out where those stantions will hit the side of the boat. If they are way down the hull side, you will end up climbing that ladder at a really fucked up angle(backwards). I bought one similar and it pretty much sucked on my boat for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Figure out where those stantions will hit the side of the boat. If they are way down the hull side, you will end up climbing that ladder at a really fucked up angle(backwards). I bought one similar and it pretty much sucked on my boat for that reason

Same issue on 1542 WE. To fix it I took a 4x4 block and bored two holes in it where the stantions fit snug about an inch deep. Ladder doesn't go under the boat now but you do have to counterbalance when someone is climbing in. Better than using the foot of my motor, I'm not a fan of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really that difficult to climb into a small war eagle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft