Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harness Help

Default Harness Help

Going to be spending a lot of time in my climber this season to get off the beaten path. Any harness recommendations?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Muddy gets high marks among my crew.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

black diamond vario

Hunter safety system or tree spyder. I have used both. I like my tree spider more than the other but they are about the same.

On a side note I have always wanted to go the rock climbing harness route due to safety. But they don't make big people rock climbing harnesses.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 07-24-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Used muddy last year. really liked it.

Muddy
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Hunters saftey system

Another vote for Muddy!

I have an HSS and plan on switching to a muddy. Nothing wrong with the HSS though.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Hunter safety system or tree spyder. I have used both. I like my tree spider more than the other but they are about the same.

On a side note I have always wanted to go the rock climbing harness route due to safety. But they don't make big people rock climbing harnesses.
    Yea they do. Just a little more pricey

Look up misty mountain. Based out of North Carolina.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-24-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    black diamond vario
    this
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

HSS
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Muddy.

That black diamond looks interesting.

Black Diamond Vario speed harness. Much more comfortable than a regular full body harness and if you fall, you'll be facing the tree instead of hanging from your back.

http://www.als.com/Product.aspx?pf_i...RoC67YQAvD_BwE

im liking the black diamond as rock climbing is something i plan on pursuing as my kids get old enough to do it with me. Dual purpose. what lanyard do you use with it?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    im liking the black diamond as rock climbing is something i plan on pursuing as my kids get old enough to do it with me. Dual purpose. what lanyard do you use with it?
    Check here
    http://www.bayoubucks.com/forum/show...hlight=harness
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

10′ Lineman’s belt / Climber Stand STHS Setup
    http://safetreehunt.com/products/

I've been a SOP guy for years.

I like that black diamond but can you use it linemans style for hanging stands?

Glenn give me a few and I'll find the video of a guy using two climbing sticks to get up in the tree and hunt

Here you go Glenn